The Politics Thread

• Members

I'm very glad you're back. This board is not the same without you.

I'm hoping that as VP she can cut through it. She really would have been dragged to hell and back if she were the presidential nominee. That's not to say she shouldn't/couldn't do it. Every woman who has ever gained power had to be ambitious enough to push past the hate.  Still, I'll be honest. I'm thrilled he picked a woman, but I almost wish he had picked a black man instead. At least we know it's possible to elect a black man to the highest office.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't tell anyone how thrilled i am he chose Harris. She's amazing.  And tough. I find her like I find Lori Lightfoot . These black women know exactly what they are walking into, the attacks being thrown at them, but will persevere because they are brilliant and tough. I don't think there is anything they are going to throw at Harris she's not prepared for or that hasn't been aimed at her already.

On a side note I have to laugh at this. Phony and predictable

"Records show that Trump donated to Kamala Harris' campaigns twice while he was a private citizen"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-donated-to-kamala-harris-twice-as-private-citizen-2020-8

• Members

@DramatistDreamer that is hilarious, yet, somehow I would not be surprised if that tweet, rather than his years of allegedly misappropriating funds and of exploiting the pain and death of black people to grift for cash, is what ends him on the left. 

I saw this last night:

Pretty much the dregs of the dregs - Bragman is a Trump supporter, Brie Brie is one of the worst campaign strategists ever, one who spent more time praising Joe Rogan and hating John Lewis than actually doing her job, Michael Tracey is so loathsome even many on the left have given up. 

Biden and his team never seemed to have any real interest in courting these dead-enders, and if he wins that is one of the reasons why. 

Speaking of dead-enders, some of the above spend much of their time now defending Congressional candidate Alex Morse, claiming it's homophobic and "sex policing" to object to a college lecturer and a small-town mayor deciding to basically trawl the campus for male students to hook up with. (he says none were his students but the power imbalance is still there)

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2020/08/10/amid-college-inquiry-congressional-challenger-morse-says-he-had-consensual-relationships-with-students

These same people, like Brie Brie and Ryan Grim, were among the loudest voices pushing the Tara Reade allegations. Shocking, isn't it?

There is the usual "but Pete Buttigieg!!!" frothing (from the same people who loved to launch homophobic attacks against Buttigieg and his husband), but this, from Glenn Greenwald (who probably has the most reason to be wary about this story given his husband), really takes the cake:

This was a big controversy at the time, and is one of many reasons that some were wary about Macron. That the far left is now passing this off as the model relationship speaks volumes.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This Republican strategist, I kid you not, called Kamala Harris a "safe, boring" pick for Joe, then, in less than five minutes, calls her a radical leftists.  Last night you have Dinesh D'Souza out here making a fool of out himself, claiming that Kamala is not Black, descended from a British slavemaster, yet claiming Jamaica had no history of slavery.

These Republicans are out here embarrassing themselves. What a mess.

Interesting that one of the largest media outlets in India chose this image for their social media feed.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The crazy racist attacks started right on time...and the "she isn't African American" attacks, like Mark Levin saying she wouldn't understand the African American experience of slavery since her father was Jamaican. Just insane. I just hope people won't fall for it.