The Politics Thread

• Members

Yet the Republicans in the Senate just keep kissing his ass even more. Sadly I have no real expectation they will be punished for this. Right now polling suggests it will be close if Democrats manage to take the Senate. Hopefully they will.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Scores of kids that went to a camp in Georgia have tested positive for COVID, per NBC News. Apparently, only the staff- not the kids - wore masks. They also did not follow CDC guidelines at the camp by keeping windows open for ventilation.

Well, behold the results.

So much for the assertion by Betsy DeVos that kids can't get the virus.

• Members
  • Members

What bothers me is the media is supporting this no-mask push by Republican operatives and officials. Look at the tone of their campaign coverage for the no-mask strategy - "defiant" and "dominating." They are cheering illness and death.

• Members

@sivad40 if memory serves Ben is one who has pushed right wing narratives (and also pushed stuff against Ronan Farrow). The NYT needs Trump to win again and they will do their best to make it happen. The media will declare Trump as winning on election night unless it's a blowout.

• Members

It looks to me that the media is preparing that the election won't be settled for weeks. Facebook is joining the don't declare a winning on election night train too. I do agree with you that if Trump is winning on election night, he will be declared the winner on election night. There's a part of me that believed that the GOP would take their losses and let Biden clean up the mess (like they have done in the past with Democratic presidents) that they made but that doesn't seem to be the case. If Trumps "wins" and the GOP takes back the House, it's a wrap. Trump is out just how to privatized any government institution that he can, eliminate economic and social safety nets,  and funnel government money to his businesses. 

Ben Smith is the one who wrote the hit piece on Ronan Farrow that his colleagues in the media claimed he "took down" Ronan Farrow.

Edited by sivad40

• Members

I see that the media has, after getting their early gawking in for the Axios interview, have ignored the most callous parts of that interview and already pivoted to something that will get a sympathy backlash for him (not knowing how to pronounce "Yosemite") from his brain dead supporters. Oh well. 

It's a primary day in a number of states - probably not much to follow, but I am hoping Rashida Tlaib loses ,unlikely as that is. 

Here is Jerry Falwell Jr completely obliterating what was left of his and his father's image.