Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Cosign. Anyone talking abut not voting this year is unreachable.

You're also right about the fauxgressives. I've noticed that the far left has been extra salty this week. I think it's because a virtual convention meant that they couldn't disrupt the event and boo our speakers they way they did in 2016. I saw what some groups were planning for Milwaukee. They were plotting actual destruction. Rushing the stage, protests in the streets around the convention center, just non-stop tantrum throwing but with a virtual convention they ended up stuck on the sidelines complaining about how AOC only got 60 seconds. 

Rose McGowan is basically the white woman version of Kanye. She likes to pop up every now and then to remind us just how thoroughly unwell she is.

• Members

@marceline that is awful. I hope the Democrats never go back to real conventions, to be honest. The 2016 convention was hurt by their stunts and with the increasing amount of unhinged rhetoric from some on the left. 

There is a very vested effort by many on the left and many in the press to downplay any positives of this convention to benefit Trump. On the same day Rose McGowan ranted and raved, The Atlantic put out a piece to talk about how the convention gave Trump an opening to make people think he has a great economic record and that Biden will support extremism - a piece with the usual suspects like James Carville (who even went on TV in 2018 in a desperate and successful effort to set a narrative that Democrats didn't do well). You have CNN piling on too. Other sites like Politico are also putting out various articles with Ted Kaufman to try to further alienate left-wing voters.

So many who are in power or want to be in power in the media want a Trump comeback story and will profit from more of what we have now. They are becoming more and more brazen in trying to make this comeback a reality, keeping silent even as he is planning to send out thugs on Election Day. 

This is why I think if Biden wins it will only be very narrowly and probably with a lot of pain through the process and aftermath. Too many people in the hierarchy have too much to lose without Trump. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

There are always going to be attempts by the media to make it a horse race and give Trump a hand in the pursuit of network dollars. But this convention was a huge success and so was Biden this week. That is the mainstream media narrative last night, today and this weekend. We can acknowledge that success and still remain vigilant and focused.

• Members

There once was a time that the possible poisoning of Russia's biggest opposition figure (and his subsequent flight to another country for treatment) would have been big news but not in 2020.  I'm a tea drinker but if I ever find myself anywhere near Russia, tea wouldn't be going anywhere near my lips.

• Members

Not related to what I just posted but I see the conservative bots on social media are saying that Trump got a poll bump because the Democrats were "too dark" and "negative". No matter which direction the Democrats went, it was going to skewed as a "victory" for Trump. 

Edited by sivad40

• Members

Somewhat surprised that live animals are transported via USPS in the year 2020 but here is another example of members of Trump's "base" that are shocked and/or disheartened to discover that his terrible policies don't only affected libs, minorities and Democrats. 

Here is a link to the same article, if you don't want to go through the usual workarounds to bypass any paywalls.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-chick-s-in-the-mail-rural-america-faces-new-worries-with-postal-crisis/ar-BB18dGV1

• Members

Adam Nagourney wrote a bunch of pro-GOP, pro-W pieces during the 2004 election cycle. The NYT has a LOT to lose if Trump is defeated. They will continue to ramp up their efforts to help him and to push a narrative of the Republican comeback. We will get 24/7 Republican comeback, just as we are getting 24/7 talk about how there is no bounce, or the Dem convention actually gave Trump a bounce, or it did nothing to defend Biden and Democrats and now the door is wide open for Trump, look out, he is incredible and wily, etc. They are going to will this win into happening if it is the last thing they do.