Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Has anyone seen an article reporting that the government has stopped updating the list of people dying in US custody on the border? I swear I saw it yesterday, but I searched and can't find it now.  Just want to make sure it's true.

It's honestly surreal to see all the people on twitter arguing about whether we have concentration camps down there.  I suppose we could just call them internment camps.

• Members

Third Way, playing a very clever game, participated in a Politico article about how they were warming to Elizabeth Warren. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/19/democratic-establishment-elizabeth-warren-1369874

The likely reality is that they want nothing to do with her, unless their only other choice is Bernie, but know that they can blunt her momentum by making her seem like their puppet. The Bernie bros have fallen for the bait, right on cue. 

Meanwhile, Joe Biden is busy talking about segregationists, reminding me why I have no faith at this point in the party being able to beat Trump.

• Members

Hiding casualty numbers has become the M.O. of the Trump administration, so I tend to believe this is the case.  They've stopped reporting deaths in Syria and Iraq.

Todd Chuck is getting dragged again on social media, just reminds me to question how he still has a job on TV.  I haven't watched MTP in ages but I've seen him enough times in press conference to know that he's awful.

• Members

He has a job on TV because this is how the media, and the Beltway, feel about the public. They feed us BS. They hate us. They don't care if we all drop dead. They hate everyone but the people who write them checks. He's a sanctimonious, brain dead loser and he always will be.

• Members

And Chuck's very out of step with the moment on this one, which makes me think NBC may actually make him walk it back.

Joe Biden is a good if very flawed man. His heart is in the right place and I will vote for him without much agita if need be, but this is a fundamental misreading of our times and why he is the wrong man for this moment in our history, IMO. I think this and other things like it will continue to damage him.

• Members

What bothers me is - and obviously he's a much better person than Trump - is that this is all Trump-esque, just saying whatever he wants and having aides go out and say "it wasn't me." It's the last thing to be focusing on right now.

• Members

Yes, but right now it's his problem, not ours. And Warren is becoming a real contender in a way I thought she sadly wouldn't be six months ago.

Speaking of:

BTW: I've already had to deal with a "the centrists made Bernie attack Warren" defense today, lol