Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So, does the Trump administration simply plan to terrorize people as a re-election strategy?  He issues a threat to launch a strike against Iran, then pulls back at the last minute.  Then he issues an order for I.C.E. raids in several cities all over the country, then rescinds the order at the last minute.  

To paraphrase @Khan, this is all so shameful!

I'm still reading this article but thought I'd post before I forget because this seems like a recurring theme so far.  I still think that there can't be a clear sense of anything (let alone front-runner status) until the debates begin. 

Presented without further comment.

• Members

Actions like those wouldn't scare me into voting for Trump.  If anything, they would make me more determined to see the other person (whoever that will end up being) win.  But, I don't consider myself a card-carrying member of his cult to begin with, so who the hell knows, lol?

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's so early in the primary process but I am glad a lot of this is shaking out while most people are not really paying attention.  And polling? The polling also says 75% of the democratic voters have not made a decision yet.  I like that Buttigieg is I the race but I'm not interested in him as president. I'm still with Harris. I think she is deliberately staying back a bit, but that short speech she made yesterday in South Carolina reminds me of why I support her.  

And on a side note, when the heck is white male mediocrity going to stop rising to the top. Chuck Todd is a national disgrace and were it not for NBC would be somewhere screwing used car purchasers.

And Happy Birthday @Khan and many more.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Thanks, DD!  So far, I have enjoyed it!  Got to enjoy a DELICIOUS Chinese dinner with Mama Khan at this new place near our house!  

I must salute that protester for shutting Buttigieg's ass down with that remark ("You ain't gonna get it either.").  How DARE that twerp Buttigieg say he's not asking for "our" vote?  If I were him, knowing I'm an out gay man running for president during these less-than-friendly times, I'd be dragging Chasten to every cookout this side of South Carolina, along with our best batches of sweet tea, potato salad (without the raisins!) and strawberry cake.  Because, unlike some holier-than-thou, so-called Christians who just happen to be white, I believe most African-Americans wouldn't give a damn about whether he was getting it up the you-know-what from his schoolteacher husband.  

True, some of us might not condone homosexuality. For the most part, though, we care more about having someone in office who WON'T send us all back to the 1850's than we do about who he chooses to love.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Thanks, @JaneAusten!

I'm with whoever ain't Trump OR a Republican at this point.  Even Buttigieg, with his tone-deaf ass, will have my vote come November 2020, should he make it that far (which he probably won't, but you know what I'm saying).  If it's Harris, fine.  Warren, fine.  Biden, fine.  Bernie...sigh...yeah, fine.  I just don't want another four years of Trump.  My blood pressure can't take it, and neither can my digestive track.

And speaking of things that affect my digestion: yes, I agree, Chuck Todd is a dreadful human being, who has no business being on any news-oriented show, let alone one as prestigious as "Meet the Press."

What the actual [!@#$%^&*]!?

Yep.  Whoever isn't Trump or Republican gets my vote.  No question.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't care for Buttigieg, but I don't think he meant it that way. I think he meant he was trying to focus on his job (for once), not on whether she was voting for him.

Buttigieg has never had any chance. He was mostly someone for the media to talk about until Biden got in the race and they had real stories to tell. I don't even believe he thinks he has a chance. I think he's angling for a job in the DNC, or on cable news.

As I've never felt he was going anywhere I have stopped paying attention to him, but the amount of virulent homophobia surrounding him (including people who endlessly call him "Butt Plug" and "Bootyjudge") reminds me of why this party is so toxic and divided. 

• Members

What I find interesting are the people who seem to not notice that homophobia. I have friends who swear that Ameica is ready for a gay president because they seem to be incapable of realizing that Trump is the backlash to the fact we elected a black one. So many on the left have just disappeared into this cocoon of denial about the American electorate.

• Members

I kid you not, Babis was quoted as claiming that he wants to make the Czech Republic "great again".  Sound familiar?

While we have children dying on the border and soiling themselves in detention camps with barely no collective action, nothing surprises me about the denial of the American electorate.   I can pretty much say I've felt this way since before Trump's election but his election solidified the feeling.

• Members

I'm always thrilled when corrupt regimes try to intervene in elections and fail miserably, like they did in Turkey now.

In March, the opposition candidate won the mayoral election in Istanbul, but president Erdogan's party AKP contested the result and a court ordered that the election had to be re-taken. Now the opposition candidate won again, and increased his winning margin from 13,000 votes to 775,000 votes! 

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48739256

Take that Erdogan!