The Politics Thread

• Members

If my post alluded to the aspect that the U.S. is using Iran as a smokescreen for MBS/KSA, I should have been clearer-- I meant to say it straight out.

Again, the provocation and reprisals with Iran is meant to draw attention away from MBS/KSA who is being scrutinized once again for their part in Kashoggi's killing.  The U.N. wants further investigation, which the Trump administration and MBS/KSA obviously don't want because for them, it's bad for business.

If you look at the social media of Agnes Callamard, who led the investigation and prepared the report for the U.N., you will see she is being swarmed by Saudi operatives, many who are paid to send out spam subtweets to harass her.  It's an organized effort and it's become their M.O. Hopefully some further investigation will eventually be mounted.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/politics/trump-military-strikes-iran/index.html

We're getting to that point again where I feel like we're close to a living hell, a mistake that there's no way we can come back from, similar to the games Trump played with North Korea. Maybe even wore as there are clearly very powerful people in Trump's orbit pushing and pushing to bomb Iran, as they are either deluded enough to think that we will defeat them, or they know we won't, but that they will get to go to Heaven. 

It's getting to that point again where I'm scared to go to bed and scared to wake up in the morning. 

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that.  It really is hard living with Trump's instability and evil. It's an awful combination.  I can only assume that the people in charge who are beating the war drums have a financial interest in perpetual war.  How strange to think that Trump is the one who called off strikes on Iran 10 mins before we hit them.

• Members

So many Americans seem intent on ignoring the fact that Trump is a predator, a thug and a criminal.  Will Ms. Carroll's account be added to the nearly two dozen other women who publicly proclaimed Trump to be a sexual predator, only to be discarded when Trump hurls insults?  It's disgusting the level of criminality  and scandal that Trump brings with him.  It's constant, you can barely catch your breath!  

Another trash person who has managed to scale political heights despite also having zero regard for women.  If they, in the U.K. had any sense at all, they'd dump him.

• Members

The people who already hate him will believe her. Others will think it's all a lie (I have already seen people claiming it's Kavanaugh all over again and he's being set up). And of course others will believe her but not care because they hate women anyway and Trump is their hero.