Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The only downside to that election news in Turkey is that some are now suggesting that Erdogan will likely move to strip some powers from the new mayor.   As Erdogan was formerly the mayor of Istanbul, he likely knows the ins and outs of the position as well as the underbelly as to how to weaken the position.

• Members

This is just so sad. The people who are trying to help are being turned away because of course hurting these children is a feature not a bug.  Someone who matters needs to call a national day of protest ASAP, even if all people do is stay home that day.  We should be bringing the country to a stop until these kids are out of the camps.

• Members

There's a new poll out about younger people, especially women, being less supportive of the lgbt community, for the second year in a row. 

It's by GLAAD, an organization I have little to no respect for and which has been tone deaf for a very long time, but I don't have a hard time believing the results. Beyond the increase in tension over transgender issues, we're also living in an era where bigotry and hatred are encouraged in all corners, and people are more and more happy to fall into line with extreme views. 

This is also another example of why I think, as I've always thought, that the whole "when old geezers die off young people will make everything a paradise" concept is bullshit. 

https://people.com/human-interest/lgbtq-acceptance-rates-drop-glaad-report/

• Members

I'm with you, especially because people have been saying this for over 50 years now. Sadly, as I get older it seems clearer to me that while power is bound to shift, injustice is not going to be eradicated any time soon.

I'm surprised about the poll you mention though. I do always think of young people as more open and accepting on the LGBT front. It seems like there are more parents open to raising children with less rigid gender identities than when I was a kid.  But what do I know? I'm don't know many teenagers and I'm living in a strange little corner of the world.

• Members

He'd already been indicted (and re-elected despite it) on charges that he and his wife were misappropriating funds for school tuition and vacays but I guess once the 411 about the five 'side pieces'  came to light, his wife likely decided that she'd had enough.  The question is, have his constituents finally had enough?

• Members

Sadly I don't think you're alone. It feels like this is the situation all over the world. I hardly watch the news anymore because they're so depressing.

Please register in order to view this content

I'd rather live in a little bubble now and then just to keep my sanity and retain some hope for the future.....

• Members

Yes! This is a good start. If they get fired I hope every one who can will donate to help them. We need leaders now who will try to get people motivated to oppose what is happening to these children. I don't even have any good ideas on who could do it, but I'm hoping someone will rise to the occasion.

• Members

If he isn't forced out from a conviction he'd likely have to go from a primary. That's the second most Republican district in California and his father represented the district for decades. He also hates all the right people, to the point of bragging about taking photos with dead bodies while in the military. 

I'm seeing a lot of anger from the left about Democrats in Congress not being upset enough about Carroll's sexual assault accusations. The sad truth is nothing changes with her accusations, and if anything it just makes Trump even more popular with certain members of the public. And many of those who are upset support a man who wrote about how women fantasize about being raped, so clearly they aren't that bothered. They just want to be pandered to so they can feel morally righteous. Well, tough [!@#$%^&*].