The Politics Thread

• Members

Yes. I think it's the idea of 45 outright firing Mueller that has people alarmed, not so much a pardon for Manafort and Cohen.  I certainly see why people are concerned that our institutions won't withstand this onslaught.  It's not like the Republicans can be counted on to reign Trump in.   I feel very grateful that Trump has pissed on this counties generals time and again.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There has been some irresponsible reporting the past few days but this takes the cake. Rosenstein was never going to get fired today and I doubt he will Thursday.

Between Jonathon Swan and his Axios story this morning about Rosenstein resigning to the NYTIME being so petty about Ronan Farrow and Jane Meyer's story to try and discount it are about the 2 most disgraceful journalistic acts I have seen in recent months and that's saying a lot. The Times learned absolutely NOTHING from the Judith Miller saga.

• Members

Let's assume for the moment that individuals have indeed threatened harm against Kavanaugh and his family.  Do you mean to tell me that Kavanaugh, the "carpool dad" who coaches his daughter's basketball team, would stay the course, even if it meant subjecting his wife and children to further threats and humiliation?

Maybe his family urged him not to withdraw his nomination and that's why he said what he said.  That's always possible.  But, having lived for thirty-three years with a loving father who would have thrown himself on top a live grenade to protect me and my older brother, I can't see how any husband and father in his situation would think anything was more important than keeping his loved ones out of harm's way.  IMO, any other dad would say, "To hell with it, the SCOTUS ain't worth subjecting my kids to this bullshit!" and they'd withdraw.

But, maybe that's just me.

I was hoping the same thing.  These women are about to enter the lion's den.  May God have mercy on their souls.

"For the time being" being, of course, the operative words.  I still think that man's on his way out.  And if it doesn't happen after their meeting on Thursday -- between them and Ford/Ramirez's testimonies, it's gonna be a helluva news day -- it'll happen very soon afterward.

Forgot to do this earlier, but thanks, you two, for answering my questions!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

ICAM.  And no, I don't feel much sympathy for him.  I'm just pointing out the fact that not even his own family's safety is more important to this man than being named to the SCOTUS.

Up next: UNICEF!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I woke up to the news that Rosenstein was 'assumed to be fired' and sensed it was another bullshit cry wolf moment for the media to get rooked by. Went to sleep for another hour, woke up again and I was right. As the Gabriel Sherman piece upthread indicates, Trump is scared and desperate. He knows he's in real danger now.

Meanwhile:

LMAO:

• Members

You think this "smear campaign" hits a "new low," Senator McConnell?  Wait 'til they start digging up [!@#$%^&*] on you!

Please register in order to view this content

The only thing Kavanaugh is standing up for is his own, blasted ego, "pure and simple."

Edited by Khan

• Members

Nevermind, my lazy ass googled it for a change, lol.

Just what does he think THAT will accomplish?  And Fox News?  Talk about "preaching to the choir"!

Kavanaugh's clearly too afraid to talk to the "East Coast liberal social elite media," so he goes where he KNOWS they won't ask him any real questions.

Whatevs, Brett.  You effing p***y.  (No offense, ladies.)

Edited by Khan