The Politics Thread

• Members

I'm wary of how many are now pushing Avenatti as some kind of crusading hero and tsk-tsking Democrats who don't walk behind him. Something about him and his grandstanding just feels off for me. I'm also wary of these accusations, especially the way he's framed them. I know a lot of people (fake concern trolls, like that Jedidah who was on the View and the ever-phony, smarmy Beltway shill George Stephanapolous, and people with real concerns) are concerned about the way the New Yorker story was written too, but at least that didn't come across to me as attention-seeking.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ICAM.

Of course, one might argue, he lied about his sexual conquests IN ORDER to be accepted into that culture.

I'm not saying he lied in order to cover up his virginity, but I'm sure the possibility will come up at some point.

Same!  If he had penetrated either Ms. Ford or Ms. Ramirez, then maybe his "virgin defense" would make sense.  But he didn't; and the fact that he tried to w/ Ms. Ford, but was both too drunk and too clumsy to "finish the job," for lack of a better word, only means he was a virgin who struck out.

Edited by Khan

• Members

But, you see, thanks to his ridiculous lie, he's raised the possibility that he lied in his yearbook about being a "Renate Alumnius."

IOW, what I just said could happen in my last post, has happened already.

Also, from David Mack's twitter:

"other men say the phrase was about signalling they’d all dated or gone to dances with the same girl --"

Yeah. Right.

"but even that insinuation they would be making — in a yearbook, no less — is still really gross"

Ya think?

"All that means is, Renate and I went out once and had a really good time."  Jesus, Brett, you are so pathetic.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't trust Avenatti, who I think is out for himself first. I don't want him holding public office and I think he'll immolate himself if he tries.

That being said: He's a street fighter, he's good at doing what a lot of Democratic politicians can't be seen doing, and he serves a useful purpose in situations like these if his ammunition is legit. if he has a real story - and he apparently is telling part of it on Maddow tonight - I welcome that, and I welcome him coming forward with it on Wednesday as promised. Sometimes you need guys like him.

• Members

I do think building up someone like this to be a hero is a big mistake.  I expect he has a few skeletons, maybe even bad ones.  I don't care as long as he keeps sticking it to Trump.  He's good at playing the social media game and making life harder for Trump and his cronies. That makes me happy.

• Members

Another unfortunate result of Trump's "victory": everyone thinks they can run for political office.  If anything, I see the Trump administration as the reason why we were better off harvesting our candidates from the Ted Casablancas School of Politicking.

Edited by Khan

• Members

There was an article I posted here quite some time ago that describe a lawsuit that he was involved in over an investment that had gone sour.  A coffee bar franchise or something (I can't really remember, it was months ago, I think).

Although I don't believe it qualifies as a bad scandal, he was being sued over some financial and/or contract issue.  I guess it was resolved since I haven't heard of it since. With someone like Trump occupying the White House, I doubt non-payment/business lawsuits matter much in politics now, anyways.