The Politics Thread

• Members

Their lives aren't better. They just 'feel' like they're back in charge because a 'strong' white man is in place. It's an existential racial/cultural thing and it will never fully go away until that mindset does (along with a lot of older folks, I'm afraid). It will take decades to breed out, or die trying.

Even ol' Joe Scarborough admitted this the other day - said the election was a one-off, a primal scream, a last gasp. I said the same thing in November.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No not yet. He's doing that reality show thing where he acts like he might. Remember this is a thing the White House always does when Donnie has a string of failures. They leak an upcoming EO or some other disastrous thing to get everybody all worked up. How many times have we heard about an impending EO on LGBT rights? When he has policy failures he ratchets up the culture wars stuff to make his base feel good. 

• Members

If he actually does than the left/moderates fight back with what will change peoples minds, like we already have been. MONEY. I was wavering on when to get a new car and think I am going to bite the bullet and finally invest in that hybrid I want. I actually am very much about supporting American made products but in this case I may look again at the VW Volkswagen Hybrid. Yeah I know those are made in Mexico not Germany, but even the better. And while auto sales I assume are still down and we have dealers willing to cut prices to unload a few 2017 cars still in stock.

• Members

I think what she did was stupid (and again reminds just how poor many on the left are at optics) and I'm not sorry she's losing gigs (I'm sorry she won't be on New Year's anymore as she was the only one who ever made me not feel bored to tears by Anderson Cooper, but even if they weren't Republican Central they likely couldn't keep her after this), but I have to laugh at one of them being "Squatty Potty." We are in strange times. 

• Members

I just walked in the door and saw this. Now the WH is saying THEY DON'T KNOW if he's made a decision....which means "he had decided to pull out, saw the backlash from BOTH SIDES and changed his pea sized brain mind."

she lost the CNN NYE gig huh?

• Members

The business community wants to stay in the accords. The only people who want to leave are the members of his drooling base. Frankly his pulling out would be a gift to the Resistance because it would screw up the stock market and start turning some of his corporate sycophants against him.

• Members

Toupée Fiasco is wavering in his decision because China and India made declarations that they intend to take the lead on Climate policy if the U.S. leaves the Paris accord.  I guess Orange Menace thought they would follow his lead out of the agreement but he discovered just the opposite.

EU, China, India to Take Lead on Climate if Trump Leaves Paris Agreement

Also interesting to hear Trump rail about Germany's trade surplus yet between Trump and Melania they own like, 3 Mercedes Benz, including a Maybach.

Please register in order to view this content

Meanwhile in Trump's America, LeBron James' mansion was spray painted with racist graffiti and someone left a noose at the National Museum of African American History and Culture.

And interesting to hear that the Alt-right folks are disavowing any connection to the horrible man who stabbed three men on the train in Oregon, killing two but these are the same folks who desperately tried to link the murderous nutter who killed police officers in Dallas to the BLM Movement.