The Politics Thread

• Members

Those "Christians" need to have a seat.  You can't call Trump one of God's anointed and then turn around and ask Kav to withdraw.  (I'm not TOO up on the Bible, but I'm pretty sure God warned us about hypocrites.)

Edited by Khan

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When I see the Kavanaugh stories on Twitter I keep seeing tweets from that Jedidiah woman who was canned from The View, who is a hardcore far right truth-teller now that she has a book to sell. I wonder if anyone told her that none of the clout she's chasing is ever going to stop for her - there are a million other interchangeable Fox News and lecture circuit ladies who already fill that slot.

• Members

It's not though. Everyone of us has to do everything in our power to help save ourselves before it's too late. Assuming it's not already. You can see how once someone like Trump gets control the corruption just multiplies. Who knows if we can ever root it out.

• Members

That's the thing: look at the chart that that article provides.  Caucasians came out strong for Trump, and I don't think that's going to change.  From where I sit, most who voted for Trump seem pretty happy with everything he's done thus far.  So it IS up to the WOC -- and really, to POC in general -- to get over the fact that we don't have anymore Obamas right now and vote.  Even if it means voting for more white people (who, granted, are more well-intentioned than anyone from the GOP).

Edited by Khan

• Members

I can't link anything right now, but it appears that there is a #CancelKavanaugh march to the Supreme Court happening as we speak.

It's just awful to think our government is letting us down one more time.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think POC in general might be able to turn the tide. I'm just saying putting it only on women won't work because the numbers aren't there. WOC are about 22% of the population and they face voter repression. We need everyone. We need men of color. We need the 47% (or there about) of white women who voted against Trump. We need the decent white men who voted against him. We even need the idiots who fell for him the last time and have come to their sense. There have to be a few.

I'm not taking anything away from the WOC and in particular the black women who saw through this SOB in greater numbers then the rest of us. I'm just saying that every single decent human being in this country has to get off their asses and vote, volunteer and donate to the best of their abilities or we are sunk.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

The media is so in the tank for the GOP it's become blatantly obvious to me.

I was listening to Tom Hartman today and he was discussing the polling numbers and how the media is twisting and turning about how it's about Kavanaugh. He's says BS. He pointed out that the Koch funded ads which start showing up in late September have kicked in across the country and that;s the influence, indicating they have been specifically Kavanaugh centric in places like ND and MO.  He also mentioned that just a week ago suddenly Joe Scarborough and team along with the rest of MSNBC barring the evening shows have all turned the narrative to this just as the network started running the Judicial Crisis Network Pro Kavanaugh ads showing Kavanaugh being "attacked".

In the US you don't need state TV or state newspapers when the MSM basically plays state media and a good amount of the press does the same