The Politics Thread

• Members

Ben Carson is not someone I have much use for, but the outrage over Elizabeth Warren voting for him to move to the full Senate, something he was going to do with or without her vote, only makes sense to me if people are desperate for purity contests (which sadly many are). Never mind that a purity contest is one of the biggest damn reasons that Hillary ended up suffering so much from Bernie.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/elizabeth-warren-ben-carson-234185

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Her full explanation was excellent because it highlighted that a lot goes on that the public doesn't know about. The nihilist left is every bit as willfully ignorant as the tea party and just as vicious. Warren answered her accusers in a straightfoward style and she did it without allowing them to put her on the defensive. She made a case that reasonable people could understand and managed to shine a light on just how the tea party left will drag us to hell if we don't check them. I hope to see more Dems do the same. The hardcore Berniacs will never stop looking for revenge but this is a good way to cultivate people who genuinely care about principles over personality but need to learn how to channel that in more strategic ways.

• Members

So Jared Kushner is also registered to vote in two states?  So many of them in Trump's camp, is no coincidence.

Enrique Peña Nieto cancelled his meeting with Trump. Not surprising considering that he currently has an approval rating of 12% among the Mexican people. Yep, a president who actually has a lower approval rating than Trump.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

CNN is reporting that four of them were fired as part of some house cleaning but it seems a bit sketchy.  If they, in fact, had to submit their resignations as part of a tradition then why even bother saying they were fired?  It would have been more tactful to say that they were not asked to stay on. And yes I know that this administration it neither tactful or diplomatic but it's not as if they can be used to make some grand statement about cleaning up Washington.

• Members

I think that's the Trump spin: They can't quit, we fired them. I believe he also claimed he quit on Nieto after Nieto called their meeting off.

The Washington Post, I believe, is still running with they quit.

Edited by Vee