The Politics Thread

• Members

There is no easy way for them to engage with Bannon's remarks right now without playing into his and the right wing's hands and reignite his us vs. them victim narrative with the GOP base. All they can do is what most of them, IMO, are doing credibly well for once - reporting on Trump's lies and machinations for what they are.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Welp, this is another perspective to add to the growing list of things that can happen.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/donald-trump-could-send-america-into-repeat-of-1929-stockmarket-crash-says-professor-robert-shiller-20170118-gtu9ha.html

Also, I don't know what this means globally, but this is intriguing.

There’s Something Very Weird Happening Inside Russia’s Cybersecurity World

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I just chuckled. Honestly. and I remain STUNNED at the FOOLS who spent 2 years going on about some funky emails but now....you can't TEACH this kind of stupid. And CB can kiss my ass as well as those Democrats who voted against prescription drugs being allowed to be brought in from Canada so Americans can maybe get some of them for a much cheaper price. lining their pockets like Republicans. 

Edited by Roman

• Members

If people remember the Emmitt Till murder case (it was one of many events that touched off the Civil Rights movement in the 1950s), there is an upcoming book in which the woman at the center of the murder case, whose husband and another man were acquitted (but later admitted guilt in a magazine interview) in the grisly killing of the teenager, has admitted that SHE LIED in court!

Anyone with a conscience knew that she lied, her husbands lied and they all got away with it by benefit of a racist jury and legal system but how does someone live with this knowledge and for so damn long??!

How Author Timothy Tyson Found the Woman at the Center of the Emmett Till Case

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yup, I think that's pretty spot on.

It's interesting that during this joint press conference, PM May refers to Trump as "Mr. President" or "President". And Trump refers to her by her first name.

That was a SHORT press conference.  

• Members

Honestly, she deserves anything coming her way.  It's despicable and yes, deplorable.  How anyone can do something like that to another human being - a child even - pisses me the [!@#$%^&*] off.  

She KNEW the ramifications of her accusations.  She made them anyway.  Fuc.k her.

• Members

There are protests at JFK right now as I type this, cab drivers have gone on a work stoppage around JFK.

Trump's so called "Muslim ban" ensnares people from countries that have not committed acts of terrorism in the U.S. but exempts countries like Saudi Arabia where the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were from. The reason? Saudi Arabia is known to do business with Trump Inc.

Kleptocracy, here we come!

ICYMI, this is the second protest in a major city in as many days- people may not have noticed that there were protests in Philadelphia where the GOP convened basically to discuss the fact that they don't know what they're doing in the "Repeal and Replace Obamacare" agenda.

Someone recorded the meeting, where panicked Republicans basically stated that they don't have sh*t and they won't be able to come up with sh*t by Trump's assigned deadline. Duh!  They haven't come up with sh*t in the nearly 7 years since the ACA became law.

Now Newsweek is trying to lay blame on Obama because he didn't save folks from their own f*ckin' stupidity.

But,but , but...Hillary's e-mails. 

Please register in order to view this content

There are some obscenities I'd like to hurl at the false equivalency crowd and the "Let's give Trump a chance" crowd but I'll save my breath.