Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm with Julia and marceline.  Go ahead and launch an investigation of voter fraud.  Hold a second election if you gotta.  If they do and Trump wins the popular vote the second time around, then that petulant asshat will have the vindication he pathetically needs.  BUT, if he loses again or the votes stay more-or-less the same, OR if they launch an investigation and determine his claims are without merit, then I don't want to hear another damn word on this matter from him OR his minions.

Edited by Khan

• Members

You know what I think everyone should do about immigration?  Nothing.  Just leave it alone and let Trump keep being the nimrod he's shown himself to be.  Trust me, after six more months of his crap, no foreigners will ever want to step foot in America again.  In fact, Trump will be lucky if he doesn't end up with an American refugee crisis on his hands.

• Members

the crap CNN is covering honestly to me has now made their coverage WORSE than it was during the election cycle. with all the crap he has signed by executive order, they still are talking about the [!@#$%^&*] crowd size...and covering how this child is pissed that he lost the PV, now saying 3-5 million people voted illegally. 

• Members

I briefly watched a discussion on one of the PBS channels about religion and politics and one of them seemed to be gleeful about the whole anti-abortion direction and one was hopeful because he believes that they are going to preserve healthcare for those who cannot afford since liars always do what they say.  I find it troubling that these people want to narrow Christianity down to stopping abortions.  I want to know what special version of the Bible they read that tells them that Christians ought to be knee-deep in politics.  And I don't get why abortions are more important to them than helping the poor. 

I can never see myself having an abortion but it's not my place to try to tell another woman what she should do.  It's an extremely personal decision and I have only had one woman tell me that she had an abortion and did not struggle with it.  She accepted what she felt she needed to do.  Some of the others look back and mainly wish they didn't have to but probably would have made the same decision under the circumstances.  I'm not for the idea of letting some girl die having a botched abortion just because some tax dollars would go to her having the procedure done more safely.  I don't suppose they worry about their tax dollars going towards funding weapons and other arms that end up killing innocent children in the crossfire of wars meant to keep these conscientious taxpayers safe.

CNN officially became useless in 2015 when they became the Trump network.  Both Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon took turns interviewing Trump daily for ratings.  And they both either excused or downplayed his hateful rhetoric by making out as though he was that friend who just ran off at the mouth a little but meant no harm.  I was done with CNN after that (though I would still check the site).  Now the breaking news is all about Trump this or that and not anything significant. 

I saw some mention online of Anderson Cooper calling out John Lewis and the Democrats for what he considered hypocrisy.  I also noticed that they've got some contributors that are pro-Trump which would be fine if it's just about balance.  However, at least one of them is of the Trump won and you better get over it variety.  He won but I don't live in an alternate world where reality is a lie and I'm not visiting that place for anyone.  I'm not interested in living in fear and I won't do it.