The Politics Thread

• Members

The good thing is that now these shifty tactics of his are out in the spotlight. He made it through the primary with no one holding him responsible for bad votes, his call to primary Obama, his willingness to sabotage out of political purity, etc...but now that he helped bring us here he will never enjoy that kind of honeymoon again.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At least do it the way Schumer is. I am no Schumer fan but at least the democrats are heading off the infrastructure issue by releasing their own bill tomorrow. And it's smart because it's something they know the GOP has no interest in but Trump has peddled for. Now Trump wants to privatize and such but if that can be pushed aside to an extent at least we might get something bearable. Bernie just says "he'll work with Trump" with no trade plan published of his own or on the table.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

We Hillary supporters saw it but I think more are and certainly the democratic party itself knows it. I was originally kind of pissed at Schumer for seeing him buddying up to Sanders but I now realize he's using him because he knows at least right now Sanders has a following. I think he's going to use him until the DNC gets their act in order and someone else starts stepping to the front. Booker is already I think making inroads and a couple of others are going to gain cross country exposure and support as well. Once that happens, Bernie will be pushed off to the side.

Yeah but honestly I do think even if Obama were still in or Hillary got in it would have moved forward. Not this quickly perhaps.

• Members

Plus Bernie's up for re-election in 2018. I know that Al Giordano has discussed a primary challenge. If that happens I think you'll see some Dems help out in the background. I know that I'll throw money at the guy. Maybe if Bernie has to focus on Vermont, he'll have less time to screw over the country.