The Politics Thread

• Members

So when is Trump going to divest himself of his company holdings? Because until that paperwork gets filed in those three states, he's still in violation of the rule.

A few weeks ago, I read all about how a certain peanut farmer had to give up his business for the Presidency, so why should any one president be an exception to this rule?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

right now Trump is being read for FILTH by both Morning joe (the hacks who helped put that moron in office) and New Day. BTW...the cheering at the CIA PC were pad for Trump supporters who were brought to the event by Trump himself. 

She's done with party politics IMPO. she seems more happy now than I've ever seen her. she wants to do the projects she feels will have the most impact, but I feel she's retired from politics. why get involved in it? we have 4 yrs now to LAUGH OUR COLLECTIVE [!@#$%^&*] ASSES OFF at Trump. she should just sit back...and ENJOY THE CIRCUS. 

• Members

Just read an article showing the list of lies that Spicer and Kellyanne (Ms. "Alternative Facts") Conjob have been spouting over the last several days.

This administration is definitely now known as the Compulsive Liars Club. They make demonstrably false statements that are easily proven false, possibly as a diversion tactic in order to obfuscate, confuse and muddle while they proceed to wreck the ACA, Medicaid (with their disastrous idea of 'block grants') and civil rights policies.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

This article discusses the potential job losses by state once the ACA is repealed. 

Am I reading this right or has anyone noticed that the states that would be greatly affected the most (minus NY and California) are states that Trump won? 

Georgia (my state), North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Michigan, Florida are gonna suffer the most. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Oh there is no question that she's done. But after several months of what we're seeing now, I doubt the press and the public will be as harsh on her and I do believe her legacy is in no way going to be lock her up. The Clinton Foundation does so much good around the world, but I would love to see her do something independent of Bill. I know their a team , but I hope she does something on her own outside of politics.

I do wonder if he and some of the people around him including Bannon who's honestly a smart guy, really believed once elected they could keep up the reality show atmosphere surrounding them. As completely frightened as this all makes me, I never believed it was sustainable nor did any of these hypocrites like Morning Joe, which is exactly why they a;; continued and still continue to talk about him pivoting. The only reason people kept discussing that was because they knew the circus could not last forever.  I remember the stories of when Nixon's descent started, and there are a lot of the same patterns here. But at the end of it, America was a dark place then too. While we had I think decent people following in Ford and Carter to try and restore some semblance of trust, this country has never been the same since. And this is all going to make that look like child's play. I can honestly say I fear this man not just shooting a nuclear weapon at someone outside of the US, but against his own country.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

That wouldn't surprise me.  We've been saying all along how Trump supporters had voted against their own interests.  Losing jobs through this and other means might not convince ALL of them -- and frankly, IDC anymore whether they will be convinced -- but it would serve them right to get exactly the kind of government they wanted (even if, I'm sorry to say, we have to suffer right along with them).

Damn.

To the people who didn't want this to happen and don't deserve it, I'm sorry.  To the rest?  Well, hopefully, you'll learn that misery doesn't always love company.

Is Hillary Clinton done with politics?  To the extent of running for office again, I would say so.  If she were to run again, the other side as well as the media would rehash all the scandals.  Of course, who KNOWS where this country will be once Trump gets through.  More voters might ignore the static to keep from making the same mistake twice. But I don't know whether she should take that chance.

Edited by Khan