The Politics Thread

• Members

I said on FB that he gives me "the creeps."  (Bad choice of words -- but what else is new?)  Friends thought I was picking on him (I wasn't) and schooled me (which was more than fair).  I removed the post and moved on.

Look, I'm not perfect.  I put my foot in my mouth, in life and online, all the time.  But I admit when I've gone too far and I apologize.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think the second one is a bit tacky, but harmless. The others don't mean anything. I guess because she's well known (and Republicans love Modern Family, apparently), she gets more heat. 

It still amazes me sometimes to think that 1993 was supposed to be a more civilized time yet people still mostly laughed or looked away when Limbaugh would call her a dog. 

Sadly I wasn't surprised by the comments about Sasha and Malia, or Michelle. The only thing I was surprised by was that the media and the GOP's efforts to make people hate Michelle Obama or make her a divisive, toxic figure never really took hold. She had to put herself in a box, but even in the last year, when she was finally more like the Michelle I remembered from 2008, people still liked her. Maybe sometimes not everything in America always has to go backward.

• Members

The part about the anti-American protests in the Philippines, even as their president likes Trump (for the minute, anyway), is the reverse of how things were there a few months ago. I guess it will make their politics more interesting...

It seems like German leaders like to put focus on how they're stepping in to a void left behind by the US. The question is how many in Germany actually want that to be the case. 

• Members

First of all, Donald, shut up.  Second, that is not what I'd call unifying the nation, you schnook.  Third, it was more than just celebrities out there marching.  Fourth, you don't know how many out there had voted or hadn't voted, so again, shut up.  And fifth, get back to work!!

• Members

It's like someone read the first tweet and went to him, saying "Mr. president....stop being a reactionary [!@#$%^&*] idiot and tweet THIS sir." he wakes up at 5am and starts his garbage, but the TVMSM then waste most of their day talking about what he tweeted.....like they wasted yesterday arguing about him being mad about the size of the crowd at his coronation. 

• Members

When celebrities put themselves out front, they get the attention, and most of them are happy to do that, and to act like morons. More people will remember Madonna cursing than remember most of the rest from yesterday. You think about the marches of the '60s and how actors genuinely did their best to lend what support and credibility they could without making it all about their myriad attention-seeking issues, and you wonder where those ideals are today. 

Edited by DRW50