• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Trumpkins won't care about this, but

On his first day in office, Trump broke 34 promises

It's utterly ridiculous that anyone would make promises to complete over three dozen acts on the first day in office but sanity won't apply with this administration.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The takeaway from that march was not that some celebrities were there, or that one or two, like Madonna, were desperate to be shocking in their old age - those were just side notes. The major takeaway in every publication and in most circles on the marches was that they were (apparently?) the biggest protests in American history and a huge event. That's it.

Just because celebrities happen to be behind it does not make that or any event immediately compromised, and I think it does a disservice to the magnitude of the event and the millions of people attending across the country - and the effect it's already having not only on the media but clearly on the White House - to automatically suggest otherwise. No one even remembered the Bernie people behind it, or their attempt to snub Clinton. It never came up. People were out there marching for America, for her, for each other. That was it.

We can be practical without writing the dismissals the right wing will try and fail to put over for them ahead of time.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think the bigger non-renewal was George Will.  Stacey Dash just comes across as an airhead and relatively harmless compared to that angry MI sheriff with the cowboy hat.

Kellyanne Conway asking why no one called her lying butt to talk instead of marching is both sad and laughable, since she found that speech unifying.  I don't live in her universe and I am not going to go along with all these apologists who keep insisting that ThinSkin means well. 

I am no fan of the media but I certainly am not going to let my feelings blind me to the Trumpkin Hustle. 

Tom Barrack sat at a table with Chuck Todd and company and proceeded to smooth talk them into believing he was saying something other than the same nonsense the others have been spouting.  He told them ever so nicely that Trump's inauguration was just as historic as Barack Obama's.  And he told them that there were 1-1.5 million people there.  Now they either knew he was hustling them but being sweet about it, so they excused it.  Or they were too suckered by his charm to actually hear what he was saying. 

Surely the media is large enough to be able to fact-check the twitter nonsense and lies and still be able to focus on important things such as how one of his "great" moments on Friday will make it harder for some to buy homes. 

And are auto industry jobs the only ones in America worth saving (except for giving a massive tax incentive to Carrier in exchange for less than a 1000 jobs)?  It seems as if jobs are being cut in other sectors and the media kind of glosses over this. 

• Members

Stacey Dash was a tool. Everyone knew this except for, maybe, Stacey Dash. Besides, now that FoxNews Channel's preferred party managed to secure the WH and Congress, while riding on a wave of hate, they no longer have to pretend to tolerate Dash and those of her ilk. They can now pretend to hate celebrities again, even ones on the D List like Stacey.

Don't know whether I posted this but apparently a bakery confirmed that they made the Trump inaugural cake and that they were asked to copy Obama's inaugural cake (is there no end to the plagiarism with Trump folks?) but apparently the cake was hollow and had styrofoam on the inside- a very fitting analogy for what we can expect from this administration.

Interesting take on the neo Nazi punch heard/seen around the world.

• Members

Trump did not win in a mandate. While everyone was touting his unfavorable numbers people forgot that while his were historic, so were Hillary's. I'd like to see him win an election against someone who is not the second least popular candidate ever. His margin of victories in the three key rust belt states were less than 1 percent on average. I don't see it in 2020 but this year has taught us to expect the unexpected.

• Members

So what if Michael Moore lives in a mansion? I'm no fan of his but he's not out oppressing poor people and plotting to pay them all sub-standard wages.  Is he pretending that he lives in a rundown neighborhood or something?

I don't know how many times I've heard people trying to stifle the liberal media by "threatening" that they would somehow lead to his getting a second term.

The liberal media does not have that much negative influence on anyone and basically that statement is an admission that there are a bunch of idiots voting.  Yes childish idiots.  Anyone who would vote to "stick it to the liberal media" and their welfare and their fellow citizens at risk is a childish idiot.

He does not have a mandate.  Not only did he lose the popular vote but tack on the other 7 million who voted for third party candidates. 

There are so very many things that could happen before ThinSkin even gets close to seeking a second term.