Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So I just got back from the rally in Chicago. Mega amazing. 150,000 people. There were people of all ages, colors, genders. People brought their pets, babies, kids and it was a very uplifting event. They had to cancel the actual march because of the unexpectedly large turnout. But much of the crowd elected to march anyway. Only thing that does sadden me a bit is not a lot of black women and I can understand why. We white women have a lot of work to do to earn their trust back and justifiably so. I don't even know if it's possible. Not to say the crowd wasn't diverse, but it was something I observed. But the white women in the crowd were schooled by a 75 year old white woman who was a civil rights activist and worked on the equal rights amendment in the 70's. She rattled off the percentage of European centric Americans who voted for Trump included the 53% of white women. It's obvious it made many in the crowd uncomfortable. She acknowledged it would, that she was pissed about it,  but went on to challenge them and to charge the crowd up again, but especially that group. It's odd to hear me talking in the third person as I am one of them. Not one of the 53% but a white women and know there is more I can do. It feels like such an overwhelming task until you realize the Tea Party started in 2009 and made huge election inroads in 2010.

Edited by JaneAusten