The Politics Thread

• Members

I feel the same way about "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" and "Saturday Night Live."  When both shows went out of their way to normalize that monster, I was done.

Same goes for "Today."  Matt Lauer should have followed Billy Bush out the door, IMO.

Honestly, were ANY network or cable shows left unscathed from Trump?

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From Day One of his announcement to run, Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg  have and still continue to call Trump, Kellyanne and anyone  else that speak in "Alternative Facts" out on a daily basis. A year ago I wouldn't have believed that they would be (along with Maher) two of the only  news shows on television not tainted. Barbara Walters should be proud of their accomplishment.

• Members

From my personal experience (my brother and his wife are devoted Republicans and evangelicals as well as my hubby's formerly close nephew and his wife), abortion appears to be their top reason for going to the polls - that and marriage equality.  There's never any talk from them about how they reconcile their religious beliefs and voting for someone like Trump, other than to post on FB that they've voted "prayerfully", whatever the fuc.k that means.  Honestly, it boils my blood to hear that this god they worship would tell them somehow that Trump is the way to go over Clinton.  What kind of all-knowing, peaceful god would come to that conclusion given these two candidates?!?  But I digress.

You make complete sense when it comes to abortion.  

If the church is going to continue to push it's congregations to the polls and advocating for one party over the other - it's time to tax them.  

OMG I can actually see this happening.  We're screwed.

• Members

Yeah, I considered not posting it but did so because I thought it was important to document this incident for those who troll the board and think that these alt-right neo Nazis are just harmless folk with 'not mainstream' believes just exercising their right to free speech. They are not and I wanted to show an incident where this was the case.

Also, it is the opinion of the victim to see it the way they want to see it. I do not agree. I feel absolutely no sympathy for Richard Spencer and those of their ilk. People are free to speak their minds, even express views that are reprehensible by most people with a sense of humanity- but they also must face the fact that there are often consequences and that one of them is being challenged by people who vehemently disagree and a few times there may be the odd confrontation. I'm not going to waste time trying to understand a mindset that I consider beyond the pale.

Thankfully most people on this board (except for a few trolls) are discerning enough to parse through the opinions, however warped they may be, at times and dig through to find the cogent facts that are actually pertinent to our discussions of today's events. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer