Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Gawd, Romney and his advisors have already walked back his "moderate" position on abortion. LOL! He is pledging to de-fund Planned Parenthood and that he is pro-life. He is a walking flip flop. The ED Show on MSNBC is showing clips from the Frontline documentary where Romney was acting offended that his opponent for the Massachusetts governor questioned his claim that he was pro-choice. What a freaking liar! What is an opportunist!

Damn, they just showed a clip of David Brooks saying that Romney does market research and tailors his message to whatever people want to hear. LOL!

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I just realized that the words to the Sesame Street theme basically sum up Obama's foreign policy...

Sunny Day

Sweepin' the clouds away

On my way to where the air is sweet

Can you tell me how to get,

How to get to Benghazi

Come and play

Everything's A-OK

Friendly neighbors there

That's where we meet

Can you tell me how to get

How to get to Benghazi

• Members

Ok so I realize that most people on here hate Romney (and I'm sure there is good reason) but for the sake of argument if it was anyone else that proposed his plan for the economy is there anyone who thinks the ideas are good?

Goldendogs, I think that it will be very interesting when everything comes out about Libya and who knew what and when.. The question I think is who will be the scapegoat.

• Members

His plans make no sense. He is going to cut taxes but make it up by closing loopholes. First, there are not enough loopholes to make up the loss of the taxes being cut. Second, the people who would be adversely affected the most would be the lower and middle class. Next he wants to raise the Pentagon budgets to levels even the Pentagon isn't asking for, all so he can be on a war footing against the Soviet Union--only the Soviet Union doesn't exist.

Just look at what happened to the budget deficits under Reagan and under W. That's what will happen under Romney. Bush Sr once called the supply side theory "voodoo economics" because it just doesn't add up and has failed every time. Even his own talking points betray him. They need to lower taxes on the wealthy because they are the so-called job creators. Romney's own tax returns (and Warren Buffet) show that the tax rates are at the lowest point they have been in decades. Ok, so where are the jobs? All that has happened under the Bush tax cuts is the wealthy saw their net worth grow, and they pocketed the money. In Romney's case his pocket is in the Cayman Islands. The whole job creator angle is all smoke and mirrors. Taxes are low, therefore job creators should be creating jobs. Since they are not, the only conclusion is tax rates do not impact job creators.

The only worthwhile way to figure out the right tax rate is how it compares to the rest of the western world mitigated by what social services you want no matter what. You want a competitive rate, but you also want a rate that allows you to care for people. That means you want Sesame Street teaching kids the alphabet for starters.

Edited by quartermainefan