Y&R: Actor leaving

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that Brad is a 'one note' character...I just happen to enjoy that smarmy note that it's taken Don Diamont two decades to perfect.

Rather than kill him off I'd prefer to see him either leave town after a scandal...or get bumped to recurring and be like Lauren: on when he's needed, off when he's not.

I think ridding the canvas of characters that add interest to the show really hurts it. Plus, Y&R is very estrogen dominant, it needs a man who isn't a Newman or an Abbott.

• Members

Is it possible that Don quit, rather than being fired? He has quit and returned before. And I don't see MAB firing a vet after the backlash LML got for firing Jerry Douglas and Eileen Davidson (whose characters were much less prominent than Brad).

Either way, I am very upset by this.

I guess I'll have to emotionally prepare myself for the inevitable news of Tammin Sursok's firing now. :(

• Members

Bite your virtual tongue!

Soaphunks has said the same thing. It may be that many of the gay men of the 80s found their adolescent inspiration in Bradley.

I do wonder if this is "payback" in some way for his siding with LML? Would they do that?

Honestly, I'd like to see him go to jail (for his double murders....maybe with Phyllis as the one who pushes the button), or secretly rush off to Europe (with the word "Rebecca" uttered) so we can imagine what fresh Nazi hell he's going to fight. I'd also be fine if he just said "I'm at a crossroads; I can't have the woman I love; my little girl Abby is alone in London...I'm going to be with her. I can't bear--as with Colleen--to have another daughter raised apart from me. But I'll be back."

The "hush hush" part worries me, though, that it won't be so pedestrian.

Brad also did an EVIL thing (luring David Chow back to gambling). It could even be that the mob is not so happy about that (if they know). So that is ominous.

Is there any chance that Brad was in Mexico when Walter Palin died? I know that seems random...but I'm just trying to speculate whether that might be a way they try to get rid of him.

Ugh. I'm wounded. It's a valid term Eric, even if you don't like it. These shows are a different beast: When done well, today is the harvest of decades of history. What else is that, if not a "legacy"? or an "inheritance"?

I really do feel that Colleen in next. Y&R needs Colleen back again, someday--because (cringe alert, Eric) she is a LEGACY CHARACTER!!!. If Brad does die or go out in a blaze of glory, it COULD provide high drama and new motivation and direction for the Colleen character.

• Members

Well, I'm pissed. I could think of quite a few storylines for Brad Carlton.

And Brad Carlton is no more a "one-note" character than the TIRESOME Victor Newman who does nothing but yell, scream, bitch and moans until he gets his way. At least Don Diamont is better to look at.

Still, I can think of other characters that could get the boot before Brad. Off top, Gloria Fisher Bardwell.

Archived