Y&R: Actor leaving

• Members

Outside of his ties to his children, he doesn't have any real ties to the Newman's or the Abbots. It's not like the Carltons (or whatever the hell their Jewish surname is) are a major family on the show. Ties to past lovers come and go, and Brad hasn't been actively involved with Traci, Ashley, or even Victoria or Nikki significantly enough lately.

If they had to get rid of someone for budetary reasons, I'm glad it's him.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Part of this is shocking just that they fired Don Diamont...but another part isn't.

I haven't been watching Y&R every single day despite how utterly GOOD it has been, but I have been tuning in a good amount for the first time in a long time. And really, what was he doing until the Phyllis plot? I remember the Adam stuff, but not much other than that.

• Members

I'm surprised and not surprised. Brad has been a very important character on Y&R. MarkH is right. Brad is a legacy character. He was the beefcake who married and slept with the daughters of the 2 prominent families and has children with the Abbotts which ties him to them forever. Don can't act for his life, but he is still a good looking guy who keeps in good shape. However, the economic downturn was bound to effect even Y&R. I'm sure that Don is making a high salary and when a decision had to be made about who to cut, he currently has no storyline and they probably had no immediate plans for him so they decided that he was expendable.

• Members

Aww man. Well this kinda sucks, I've grown up in tandem with Brad Carlton...yes he's a total sleezebag but he's one of daytime's best sleezebags. I don't see this as a cost cutting move at all, rather, I see this as MAB having no idea what to do with him (which I can't blame her for, LML ruined him) so she's sending him off.

I hope that, sometime down the road, he'll be back. Hopefully he takes Colleen with him.

Archived