October 20-24, 2008

Toups

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Woohoo for AMC beating GH! :P:D:P:D

I think AMC can sustain the momentum if this week is any indication. No, it's not perfect, but imo it's better than it's been in years. If it stays this good, I think the ratings will continue to rise.

• Members

OLTL always does good the first two weeks of November and then loses viewers in the last two weeks of November- holidays perhaps? but the loss is usually pretty substantial to the point of never regaining those viewers until May sweeps- if at all. But with the economy so bad- many could do extremely well if they focus on family and get off the road to sick twisted.

• Members

Now that is funny. :lol: :lol: OLTL is a bottom feeder regardless of where it sits in the ratings. All ABC soaps are pretty bad, although AMC is the only one getting better. Toups said HH, not ratings points or market shares.

• Members

That still doesn't take away from the fact that her version of OLTL stunk just as bad. Two kinds of stink don't make either one any better. As bad as Ron's OLTL is right now it is still world's better than what Higley gave us. Higley is where she needs to be. She knows Days. She didn't know OLTL and tried to turn it into a show it wasn't and about people that no one cared about.

• Members

the J/A bump on AMC came when the overall writing was still crap. So once that event was over... what was left to see? Good actors, favorite characters... in stupid stories? And pretty much the focus on the same few who have been locked in the same (or a similar story) for at least two years?

No wonder it dropped.

I have a bit more hope now, because the show is actually good, it's re-establishing a strong structure/foundation, it has balance in cast use and story type... all things missing for a long time. So viewers coming in for the "event" might stay for the soap itself. Because now there is something worth watching.

• Members

:D Hell yessss!!! Glad DAYS is up in the ratings and so, so glad that AMC and ONE LIFE have jumped ahead of GH. GH should be near the bottom right there with GL. I, out of habit, still Tivo GH, but only read the recaps at SOD.Com and only watch scenes that sound interesting, which are few and far between. I hope DAYS or ONE LIFE (or maybe AMC) knock Y&R(whcih isHUGELY overrated IMHO) out of #1.

A little funny, yeah. BUT, Ron Carlivati is writing ONE LIFE a helluva lot better than Dena did and ONE LIFE's ratings reflect that better writing.

Archived