OLTL: Another casting rumor....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would rather OLTL worked on the cast it DOES have instead of working to bring back vet after vet with no real long term effect on the show. For the anniversary I can understand, but I dont see why they keep bringing people back now. Ron's best work was sorting out Higley's mess and dealing with a tight cast that was well balanced with newbies, vets and the area in between, I'd like to see him go back to that now rather than constantly digging up past storylines and 'retelling' them.

• Members

PLEASE, PLEASE NO!!! ONE LIFE needs to keep Mitch Laurance dead. And Roscoe Born needs not to be hired by any soap imho. I'm sick of his one-note bad guy potrayals. I couldn't tell his potrayal of Trent on DAYS from his potrayal of Mitch on ONE LIFE and Jim on AMC. If ONE LIFE wants to bring back characters from the past they should bring back Kevin Buchanan (with the wonderful Dan Gauthier, who should've never been fired in the first place), Rachel Gannon (Ellen Bethea or Sandra Grant) and Cassie Callison (now that Laura Koffman is going to AMC, bring back Holly Gagnier or Ava Haddad or re-cast, Martha Byrne (ex-Lily, ATWT) would be wonderful in the role imho.

• Members

Mitch is my all-time favorite villain, and while I'd selfishly love to see him back, they'd be stretching credibility too far to resurrect him from the dead a second time.

I'd love to see him interacting with Tina, but if AE is truly leaving, that's one less reason to enjoy seeing him back

And given the awful way they wrote Carlo this summer, I don't trust that they'll do any better with Mitch

I agree with Mulder that Kevin, Rachel, and Cassie should be brought back--preferably with Dan Gauthier or Kevin Stapleton, Ellen Bethea, and Laura Koffman. I'd love to see Hank and RJ again, too

• Members

Agreed. This doesn't excite me, as much as I love nostalgia, I'm getting tired of all the retread and the quest to make Llanview more and more incestuous. I mean damn, not EVERYbody has to be related. And I love classic characters like Tina, and of course Viki, Dorian, Bo, and Clint, but we need to focus on these characters' present and future lives instead of always dipping back. In ten years what will we have to draw from? Flashbacks of flashbacks, retreads of retreads? It's time to live in the now and make these characters' lives exciting in new ways, and if we are going to use history, use it in awesomely riveting way like the mid-'90s DID story.

• Members

I have this image of Ron in a graveyard during a full moon with voodoo priestess actually trying to dig up the grave of some long dead actor who once played a lab tech in 1979 so he can reanimate the corpse and bring the zombie back as Jared's long lost grand-uncle.

• Members

I wish they would invest in longer term returns. There is so much deadweight on the canvas that can open the way for these long term returns. I liked the length of David's last run. We got to see his character fleshed out in the current sl. He was just not an appearence.

I think the show needs a few good men back too. Will, Kevin, Joey, they should all be back. They have a lot of story left to tell. When GL finally bites the dust, I hope GT comes back as Kelly too.

Archived