OLTL: Another casting rumor....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I haven't been all into my OLTL history so when I read that Mitch could be Rex's daddy and thus Jessica's bro, I thought that was fantabulous.

Then, I read that Jessica killed him and was kinda bummed.

Don't bring back dead characters. The show's a mess as it is.

• Members

Most of those characters had a solid purpose to appear when they did, and I don't regret seeing them. Given the way the situation is approached in this thread, you'd think each character needed to have a deadly serious medical crisis and a six-month arc in order to be allowed to appear. But it's not so. Bo saw his father for a reason; Kevin and Joey appeared for a reason; Will supported his ill mother for a reason; Cain and Cord ran into Tina for solid reasons, and so on and so on. Then, of course, if we'd not seen Cord at all, or any number of other beloved characters or family members who could and should appear during a momentous occasion, people here would throw a fit. So, really, RC can't win. And it's convenient when some of you don't want him to. To say that Tina should not see Cord, that the Buchanan boys should not come home in the event of Asa's death, that Will should not visit Lindsay and most of all, that there is no reason to let the great Addie or David Vickers have fun on the show is absolutely the most preposterous, joyless, soulless argument I have ever heard. That's great; take over the show and announce a ban on short-term runs for David fuckin' Vickers unless he commits to a contract. Cancel Addie's recurring status. Maybe then you can also call off Christmas. What is the [!@#$%^&*] point?

If Allison and Mitch recur, I will be happy to see a seemingly solid mystery storyline get played out to its conclusion. What I'd heard about what was planned had me very excited, and it was far preferable to Mendorra or the current Tess follies in which Tina is currently embroiled.

• Members

I'm betting that....

Mitch is Rex's father. (It's why they inlcuded him in the dream sequence.)

It would make perfect sense, esp since Rex is like a son to Bo, but biologically he's the son of a master criminal. I can always see a scene playing out down the road where Rex has to choose between Bo and Mitch, like having to shoot and kill Mitch in order to save Bo's life.

It also makes perfect sense why they brought up the question of who Rex's father was around the time Allison Perkins came back to Llanview.

Archived