• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Someone had some scattered episodes up on YT about two months ago, and I only glanced at them not thinking they'd be taken down so soon, but I have to say...the season 4 premiere "A Brand New Day" began with one of THE best sequences I've ever seen on a primetime soap. It recaps Karen and Val walking in on Gary and Abby, Val packing her suitcase and leaving the cul-de-sac and Gary running after her before fading into a shot of Val jogging on the beach while the most delicious underscore plays.

WHY don't we have more seasons on DVD again?

• Members

I can only assume that the first two seasons werent much a hit with potential buyers. I admit i wasnt much a fan of the stand alone episode seasons. I think KL started rocking when it became serialized. Ciji's murder mystery, Valene's twins being kidnapped, Greg marrying Laura etc.

I will always see KL as the best primetime soap that ever was bar none.

• Members

I just hate that they got rid of Linda Fairgate. I really liked Lar Park Lincoln and i would have taken her over Paige Matheson anyday.

I think they missed the boat not pairing Gary and Anne at some point and i will never understand how Claudia could give birth to such a non entity as Kate (i couldnt remember her name for a second).

Oh and one last thing i will forever hold against KL is trapping My hottie Tom Ryan with Kate's british whore friend.

• Members

I was flipping through the channels the other night, and landed on Joan and Donna on Oprah's Where Are They Now? show on OWN. It must be a fairly recent episode because Donna talked about her guest stint on GH.

Coincidently, I saw her in some show on Ion this evening. She was playing a woman who began a sexual relationship with her son after her husband's rejection and was now attempting to seduce her grandson before being murdered by her daughter. It was... disturbing.

• Members

I was wondering if anyone could clear a few things for me about the show.

Was Peter Hollister really Greg's half brother or was that a scham? I remember Peter killing his loose-lips mother by making her overdose on her heart medicine or something but it was never clear if it was all a scheam in my mind.

And was Jill Bennett really related to these two? The whole storyline, which i remember liking btw, was kind of confusing to say the least.

And If jill was Peter's sister wouldnt that make her Sumner's half sister as well?

Also did Peter and Abby ever have an affair? I seem to remeber that they did but i wonder if Paige was messing up with Olivia when she said they were.

Knots will forever be my all-time favorite show. But some of its storylines were craY-cray lol

• Members

It was a scam.

I think Peter and Jill may have been siblings by adoption but I can't remember. Maybe not.

Peter and Abby did have an affair. That was the last straw in her marriage to Gary. He caught them in bed, I believe, and casually said he wanted a divorce.

The story was confusing, one of those umbrella stories which didn't quite work. I did like Ruth Roman.

The best part of Peter Hollister by far was drunk Jill hitting Paige with the urn of his ashes.

• Members

I wish Jill had been moved to another story after she divorced Gary. Sure the Jill tries to kill Valene was a good story but I hate the way she was written out with locking herself in the back of Gary's car.

Sure she was a far more redeemable character than some other bad girl the show has but i liked her lol

Thanks for the answers DRW :)

• Members

Did she ask to exit or was she fired? Because i can understand not wanting to work alongside someone you were intimely involved with (this is why RS never came back to GH presumably) but firing her would be short-sighted. She could have moved into a different part of the canvas possibly with Greg sumner (gary and sumner barely interacted for years) or she could have gone after Mack (they introduced Jill Bennett via Mack initially and his storyline with Paula Vertozick was a dud imho).

I guess at this point this would be considered nitpicking but I definitely think that the show often cut short on some character's potential (i.e what theyve done with Linda fairgate which in my mind is practically criminal since she coudl have easily been there up til the end or Olivia or Lynne Moody's character which i am sorry to say i cant remember at the moment).

I still have the urge to fanwank some Gary/Frank's wife fanfiction sometime

• Members

I might not remember correctly, but I thought it was implied that Peter & Jill had been involved sexually at one point. I don't remember them being siblings by adoption.

I loved when Jill hit Paige with the urn! The second best part of the Peter Hollister story was Abby burying his body in the construction site.

• Members

You may be right. I always thought they at least saw each other somewhat as siblings based on how Jill was with him and after he died.

Knots wasted a lot of characters in the late 80s. Jill, Frank's wife, Olivia, just for starters.