KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I spent some time today re-watching Jill trying to kill Val. That was such an awesome storyline with top notch acting. Terri Austin was freak creepy how she was tormenting Val and telling her how if she had to blow her brains out, it would be such a mess to redecorate.

Speaking of redecorating, it seemed like Val redid that entire house every season.

• Members

LOL....if you watch random clips, you will notice the livingroom will change colors and then wallpaper then no wallpaper in the foyer etc...

The livingroom looked better yellow as it was in the early seasons than that weird mauve/pink color that was popular in the late 80's she redid it in. I think it was blue at one point too.

• Members

I actually liked the idea of Val teaching the waitress to read in season 13. I know it wasn't high drama, but most of her stories had been absolute horse [!@#$%^&*] for 4 straight seasons and I appreciated the change. I thought this was more true to Valene than yet another saga of a middle-aged woman being victimized.

• Members

It was, but I felt Val "worked" best as a full-time wife and mother (or, once she and Gary had divorced, a full-time mother whose alimony and child support checks were signed by a Ewing, lol). If anyone was cut out to be a writer, IMO, it was Karen, who I could've seen as an Erma Bombeck-type columnist and author. Or perhaps Ginger, as a novelist for children and young adults.