KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember the three sisters episode i think thats the first time i even paid attention to the show back then. I was a kid and to me it was mostly background noises until i had to go to bed lol.

My mom was watching and i will always remember thinking the show's name in french was dumb. I am french canadian so instead of the West Coast title we had something reminescent of a freddy krugger's bad sequel.

Les heritiers du reves was a very bad translation lol

But i think i got hooked during the who killed ciji saga. I remember chip getting empalled by a pitchfork and thinking val was dumb to pick gary over ben. I remember the abby vs olivia "Give me the keys" scenes.

And to this day im probably the only tom ryan fan out there. Joseph gian stands as my first KL crush.

Wish they had made michael fairgate gay. I always assumed that he was in the closet and with an overbearing mom like karen who could blame him?

If they did a reboot do you think they should recast the role of eric? The brother rivalry btween karens sons could have been tapped into further.

A shame that they killed linda off cuz i think she was the shows last hurrah in terms of introducing a new vixen with some vulnerabilities.

And to this day i hate the show for trapping my tommy boy with vanessa hunt at the end of the series.

• Members

Season 3 is one of those seasons I want to go back and watch again sometime. I think it's the season that really made Knots everything it would later be.

I wouldn't recast Eric. I think that Dallas remake shows how bad these revivals are at recasting these types of roles. I'd just say he is gone, and if they want drama, maybe have a not-dead Linda return with his adult son or daughter, out to scam the family.

• Members

Unless its a twin sister out for revenge i dont see it. KL never relied on the back from the dead cliché

And while steve shaw was well liked among the cast and grew up on the show i never felt that eric fairgate as a character was that relevent to prevent a successful recast.

He was just as relevent as jason avery was to me and i wouldnt mind a recast if the show was relaunched.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

God I am so addicted. This show holds up completely. You could air it in 2014 and it would still work.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1aokj7_knots-landing-season-9-episode-29-the-perfect-crime_shortfilms

I wish SoapNet were still showing this, one episode a day. I have them all on VHS but who has time to fish up the tapes and find my old VHS player?

• Members

Wow JVA was on BEVERLY hills 90210? ;)

I know you meant Valerie Malone lol.and yeah i caught him on that show too. I think he was briefly on YR as well if im not mistaken but i never really followed it.

I was so mad that they trapped Tom Ryan with that awful british gal at the end of the show.

• Members

One of my personal stand-out scene was wheen Paige tries to get on abby's good side by alluding that theyre cut from the same cloth.

Abby turns around and goes:"Nah, we're nothing alike. Everything i got i had to fight for it which in the eyes of people like you is a huge threat. Cuz everything you've got was handed to you."

Para-phrasing here but this scene is what defines Abby the most. She was a self-made woman and yes she wasnt above using her charm to get what she wants but she was a fighter who would resort to (almost) any length to get what she wanted.

And the"give me the keys" scenes with Olivia is another stand-out for me.