KNOTS LANDING

• Members

I remember that monologue, I've even used it with noun adjustment, ha! Something like, "I'm so flattered that you want to be like me, but don't kid yourself into thinking we're at all alike. Everything I have, I've earned. Everything you have, you've been given. And I know it galls someone of your stature to see a woman like me have what you thought was yours by birth. People like you are threatened of people like me, because deep down, you're afraid you're not going to be able to cut it without your trust fund. And you know what? You're right. ... I never would have set myself up the way you just set yourself up."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am at season 3 episode 7 of this show. Anyway, was David Jacob's a Daytime Soap fan? I think this show is my favorite of the big 4 primetime soaps because it seems like the most "Daytime". I wonder how David would have been if he created Daytime soaps or if they decided to do a KL spinoff for Daytime.

• Members

I think a KL 2.0 daytime version would be awesome actually. And I have to believe that the showrunners were big soaps fans becuz they usually scooped some of the best in daytime (doug sheehan, sam behrensn jane elliot, robin strasser, kathleen noone and so on).

• Members

I am really loving it!!! Sid's death is so REAL!!! I feel so sorry for Karen. I really understood/felt her son when he was in Sid's truck. I love Lillymae as well! When Val sat on the stairs after Lillymae told Garry "I am going to fatten you up!!" she made a facial expression like "What the hell did I agree too!!".

That is essentially how my mother felt was when my grandmother decided to move to this place 5 minutes away from our house (versus 30+ minutes away were she use to live) as my mother is the one who encouraged her. My grandmother can be very domineering and bossy so as soon as she started making demanding phone calls (after several warnings from my aunts/uncles/cousins) my mother was like "Why did I not LISTEN!". It seems as if Val is getting used to her mother at the same rate, if not at the same 'stages', as mother did when my grandmother moved by our house.

Also, Karen is a lot like my mother and Abby is a lot like my grandmother, which makes everything seem more surreal.

I do like how KL shows how the seemingly most simple experiences in life are some of the most abstract human experiences.