Y&R Malcolm Winters

• Members

With the news that Olivia is returning to the show and the ongoing discussion re Victoria Rowell's(Dru) coming back,my thoughts turned to Malcolm.

Should Malcolm be recast?.He is Neil's brother , Olivia's ex and Lily's father.

Shemar is firmly entrenched in primetime and even when Criminal Minds is cancelled down the road,he is unlikely to return.

Is the role one of those that couldn't be replaced or is Malcolm too important to be offscreen?Or do you think the character is not needed?

Any ideas who could take over?

One suggestion - Terrell Tilford (ex David GL,currently on DOOL from time to time)

Your thoughts please!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shermar was hot and very identified in the role of Malcolm. Anybody recast in the role would find it difficult to live up to the role. And the physical aspect would be the very first thing people would be comparing.

I say bring back the Barber sisters but then bring an AA male who is not a Winters man. The jumping between the Barbers and winters became scarily reminiscent of B&B after a while. I personally would love some dynamic Alpha male (a little like Ji Min Kim in personality) who, say, Olivia really likes but Dru despises.

Archived