DAYS:Chloe Lane

• Members

Honestly for me the only time I've liked Chloe since I started watching Days in the early 2000's was when she first returned this year. It seemed like Nadia had stepped her game up when they had quad going, and I liked that she wasn't weak and whiney..The Lucas pairing could be interesting if it came off at all like Nadia wasn't reading or just regurgitating some lines..

I dunno about everyone else but this character could go and I wouldn't think about her again.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Chloe. She is different than most other soap characters. There is something about her that reminds me of a B rated starlet from the 1950s. Maybe it is the knock out body, the singing and the melodramatic stories, but she is just more charismatic than so many other characters. NB doesn't have to be a good actress to play Chloe because the role is so shallow and two dimensional it would seem wrong to play it realistically. I loved the scar storyline where she skulked around town like the Phantom of the Opera. DOOL has a knack for offbeat casting. I liked Mimi because she was like no one else on soaps also. The accent, the bad make up, she was blue collar on a white collar medium. Chloe I could see in stories similar to Erica Kane type stories, only Chloe is nicer.

• Members

Nadia's talents don't match her looks at all. She has this very bombshell look to her, but the minute she opens her mouth, it's like... nothing. No fire, no passion, no intensity in her voice. No emotion. No humor. Nothing. She's completely void of any and all vocal expression, and that KILLS the character of Chloe Lane.

She really is just tits, ass and nothing more.

• Members

Nadia is a gorgeous woman..But her acting leaves a lot to be desired..There are days when i like her and Days when it seems like she's not even trying...I'm actually enjoying her most now with Ari, those two have a nice friendship chemistry..

• Members

I think Nadia definitely stepped up her game when she returned, and I feel like whatever she felt off-camera (based on the few interviews I read where she was a little confused by Chloe's return), she definitely worked harder in those first few months than I'd ever seen her work before. She was invigorated, and clearly enjoyed playing Chloe's newfound strength, and the mystery around Brady coupled with her distaste of Belle and the predicament she had gotten herself in while Chloe was in Europe. They were clearly setting the foundation for blowing up the Belle/Chloe friendship, and setting up a "frenemy" rivalry between Belle and Chloe which would have worked great on Chloe's end (with Brady being Belle's brother) and on Belle's end, torn between Philip and Shawn.

But once the writing transition happened and Chloe went back to being a doormat, I felt like Nadia basically gave up and started phoning it in again. The Brady drug-addict twist did her no favors, and now she's just doing what she did ten years ago - following Philip around like a lovesick teenager. Which is a shame. I don't think Nadia's going to be the next Beverlee McKinsey, but I felt like "vindictive" was a much sexier color on her than "wishy-washy".

• Members

Her extraordinary beauty (and voice when she first joined the shows) have been her ticket to success on Days. She also has chemistry with a couple of male actors which helps as well. Her innate sexiness really needs to be played up, IMO. Chloe is no longer the awkward high school nerd. The Wesleys weren't her parents for nothing!

However, NB is an unconvincing actress. IMO, Ari Zucker is THE breakout young actress of the show. I have become especially impressed since she returned. Not many who can hold their own in scenes with John Aniston.

• Members

Nadia is a horrid actress. Honestly - i love her from when i have met her and think shes beautiful - but she is by far the worst actress currently in daytime and without doubt among the worst ever.

Sometimes Days will write her stuff to fit her extreamly limited talent - but when its not written to suit her yoiu can really see how awful she is.

She does also do much better when paired with someone that is on her level. And i eman no disrespect to Bry because i love him and do thinks hes better than she is by far - but thats why i like Chloe & Lucas. Bryan & Nadia work well together and nither out acts the other. Its odd since i dont really think either actor is great and hate both char's, but it works. JKJ just ate her alive in scenes together.

• Members

This is a good question, although I'm enjoying her girlfriend vibe with Nicole. To me, NB cannot emote. For someone who is a singer, she has no inflection. But, she sure does when she sings. I guess the music makes it easier. Definitely, to sing opera and arias (or anything, or that matter), one selling point is having facial expression.

Chloe was ruined for me during the whole fruit-roll-up scar storyline. I can really try to like her, because I'd love to see Lucas in a love story that doesn't involve Sami.

What about during the fruit roll-up years? Eventually, if you're a good actor, you'll overcome even bad writing. The film noir was pretty good writing, and she still didn't come across, except when singing. She just has difficulty carrying her part in a couple.

:wub:

• Members

I think there is an overemphasis on good acting. Soaps don't invite good acting, and with no rehearsal, one dimensional characters, daily scenes, and ridiculous and unbelievable dialogue it doesn't seem fair to use good acting as a criteria. I remember when a while back OLTL had Robin Strasser get a couple of days of time taking over Buchanan Enterprises on OLTL and everyone said she was "great", but was she really? All she did was a cut rate imitation of Joan Collins and nobody ever accused Joan of being great. But soaps don't allow great acting, and Robin Strasser did good enough and was very good by soap standards. Susan Lucci is far from a great actress but she owns the screen and dominates just about any scene she is in just by charisma.

NB as Chloe just has to stand there, look good, and make sure her dialogue is in english. The role doesn't call for much more than that and she does it fine.

Archived