Veteran Characters

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I for one think it's time John McBain moved aside. I don't need him gone- I understand he's one of OLTL's brand identities- but unless they are going to break this man's emotional barriers, I don't see anything other than the predictable for this character. Plus he treats women like crap.

• Members

Basically all of my favorite characters have been listed on this thread. Alexis? Blair? Really?

Anyway, I think it is important, in this question, to consider which characters are needed in order for their shows to survive.

Frankly, as much as I loathe Sonny Corinthos (and believe me, I really, really do), he is an enormously popular characters, who is nearly an icon among some demographics, and I think the show needs him.

Carly, however, they could, and should lose. What I would give for a GH without that perma-smug expression and banshee wail!

I also think OLTL could do without Nora, and perhaps even Bo. They were an amazing couple once upon a time, but now that the actors have refused to be put back together for years, I just don't know that how much story there is for either of them. Nora and Clint are pretty bland together, and Bo can only natter on about his daddy issues for so long now that Asa's gone. I realize that Bo is a very central character, but what are the writers supposed to do with him, really?

And because others have mentioned non-veteran characters, I'm going to suggest Rex Balsom. I have no idea what the actors sexuality is, but Rex has always seemed very gay to me, which makes it hard to buy his romantic entanglements. He's just not selling me on the "Gigi is my true love" thing.

And really, the actor is mediocre at best. His "sad face" is laughable.

• Members

IA with that. If the writers don't understand this character - and obviously they don't - they should send her off with Holly.

For sure. Cassie was wearing thin when LW left, but Nicole just killed it. There's nothing left for her to do. I hear NF isn't interesting in re-signing when her contract is up. I so hope that's true and Cassie gets the hell outta Springfield!

• Members

Meh you're not even a big AMC fan--I think Tad is still quite popular with most watchers and I liek the idea of him becoming the new generation Joe as it were. The fact that I'd miss him if he were gone, considering some of the awful writing he's had (mainly beign a murderer) says something though he's never been a fave of mine I guess.

Ah I love Renee popping up still on OLTL--the woman is an amazing actress but it's easy to forget that (she won the Tony for her role in Sondheim's brilliant 1973 musical A Little Night Music). Also I guess for me this list makes more sense for contract vets--recurring ones don't take upa contract spot for a more interesting character.

"And because others have mentioned non-veteran characters, I'm going to suggest Rex Balsom. I have no idea what the actors sexuality is, but Rex has always seemed very gay to me, which makes it hard to buy his romantic entanglements. He's just not selling me on the "Gigi is my true love" thing."

Hrm I like Rex though him and Gigi are already boring me but it's interesting you say this especially as wasn't Rex brought on at an aborted gay/bi thing with Seth (I think Seth number one, not when Brandon Routh played him)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I care about Tad and wouldn’t want him to leave AMC. Just get him away from KWAK, please. I don’t like them together.

I’d have KWAK leave completely, but this thread is about characters who have been on for 10+ years, so I'll say Cameron Mathison. He has been with AMC for 10 years now (if you don’t count that year-long break he took awhile back), so I definitely think Ryan is totally played-out and needs to leave.

• Members

OL:

I thought that Brandon Routh was the first Seth. Steve Harris 2nd.

I know it is weird to consider Kirsten Alderson as a 'vet' but hasn't she been on the show for 10 years now?? If so, why the Hell can't she be one of the rapidly aged characters?? I'm bored by this whole story of Starr/Todd/Cole/Marcie. Why can't this end???? Next, Marcie will find out she is miraculously preggars and Todd will be going after that baby!

Also, agree with getting rid of Nora, Antonio, Cris, Todd, John (has it been 10 years?).

I find Blair watchable when she is in scenes with Dorian and Viki, but the constant Blair/Todd story needs to DIE! Let them move on already.

Bring back Joey or Kevin for Talia and she won't need Antonio!

Archived