Veteran Characters

• Members

I'll classify veterans as any actor/character on for 10 years or more.

One of the essence of soaps are the vetetran characters,often played by the same performer.We get to follow their lives and loves etc.

The downside is that sometimes these characters wear out their welcome...by the time they fall in love for the umpteenth time,are presumed dead.falsely accused of murder,discover that long lost child...maybe it's time for them to leave town or bite the dust.

Who do you think should be written off?

I'd go for Alan Spaulding (GL)...due to some horrendous writing,the character is laughable.His misdeeds are either forgotten or swept under the rug.

A who killed Alan mystery(if well written..big IF)could really fire up the show.

Brad (Y&R) After the whole Jewish story and the multiple marriages,Brad needs to leave town,pronto!

Your thoughts?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ten years? On GH Sonny, Carly and Jason can all take a flying ____ and get off my screen anytime they feel like it. I think also Nik and Alexis are basically useless since the Cassadine family was destroyed. I'd drop those two right after the first three. If they brought back Helena or Stefan it would be a different story.

On OLTL I think Todd and Blair could use a break and it is time to rotate Cassie back in in place of Blair. Perhaps Jess could take a vacation so Joey and Kevin could fill the Buchanan slot.

• Members

So I know someone is going to throw tomatoes at me, but have to say on Days that John and Marlena could go. I have been bored with their stories for years now. But I know why that will never happen.

But also agree with the Sonny, Jason and Carly as well. I would be fine with some type of Jason/Sonny battle where only one is left standing. Just one leaving would be fine with me.

• Members

Please no. We FINALLY got rid of her sorry butt.

As for GL, I agree with Alan Spaulding. I've soured on Ron Raines because of the dreadfully campy and cartoonish way he has portrayed Alan for the last few years.

I have to disagree with Reva because like her or not, she (and Josh) is the last star power on the show and one of the final ties to old-GL. Without them, I shudder to think who the star of the show would be.

I'd also argue that Blake should be gone as well, mostly because I can't bear seeing Liz Keifer being so misused. She also has no more family with Ross and Roger dead and Holly somewhere else. If only the writers would see her as more than just a sleezy bitch.

• Members

One of the many reasons Dan is love. :wub:

I hate the cartoon both the actor and character have morphed into. If I had it my way, neither Alan or Alexandra would've been recast, Chris and Bev's replacements have progressed into hot messes over the years, sure the writing is part of it, but the actors are to blame for their one-note performances.

Archived