Y&R Josh Griffith fired!

• Members

Contrary to recent Internet reports and rumors, Soaps.com has learned that Y&R's Executive Producer, Josh Griffith, has not been fired after all. Reps for the show are stating that he is in fact still with The Young and the Restless, and that he is still the Executive Producer.

Josh Griffith made big news back in the summer of 2008 when he took over the head writer position at The Young and the Restless during the writers' strike, a move that required him to go to 'financial core' status with the writers' guild.

Rumors were flowing earlier in the week that Josh had been removed from his post. A variety of reasons for the ouster were mentioned, including that he had been allowing actors to change scripts, and that he had been re-writing scripts penned by Maria Arena-Bell! It was also speculated that Gary Tomlin had replaced him.

Soaps.com is proud to bring you only the facts! So, here's to Josh continuing to do his best work at the #1 daytime drama, The Young and the Restless!

http://www.soaps.com/youngandrestless/news/2316/

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Yeah? He said OLTL's justis bolding was out weeks ago, she's still on the canvas and the show has no plans to recast her.

He said AE was staying- and she hasn't inked any new contract with the show, she's limited.

He alludes to things happening and throws his own personal opinion in there so you can't separate fact from opinion- unreliable source. Websites such as Daytime confidential would only report that kind of information as rumor.

• Members

I didn't hear about Justis, so I'll take your word for it.

As for AE, he never said she was staying. Just that when he talked to Ron at the Emmys, Ron said "She's not going anywhere... not if I can help it" or something like that. I never actually read anything that said she was definitely staying - just that Carlivati WANTS her to stay.

But I never read the Justis rumor so if he did indeed report that, it's pretty messed up.

Archived