Y&R Josh Griffith fired!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Griffith is staying, I'm glad. Better the devil you know, I say. (Not that I consider Griffith a "devil" at all.)

Oh hell no! If they're ever going to replace CK (and I doubt they will), at least hire someone who can act - not Sher-wooden!

• Members

I agree with you.

Sure he has been wrong a few times, but honestly he ahs been right more than he ahs been wrong, and not barly like other people. Usually if he reports it as fact or news its true.

Also some on people, you de realize that something will happen, and then be chnaged 2 days later? if that? For example there are plenty of actors who have been fired/let go then the show changes its mind. Plenty of story gets changed at the last minute, hell even scenes that are filmed get cut.

And just because there is no offical press release about the issue doesnt eman it didnt happen.

Why? Its not someone who can remotly act at all is in the role at the moment?

• Webmaster

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/yr/n...ducer-in-or-out

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- "The Young and the Restless" is about to get a new Executive Producer according to published reports, but are those reports accurate?

According to TV Guide Canada's Nelson Branco in his latest Suds Report column, "Young and Restless" Executive Producer, Josh Griffith, was fired the same day that Ed Scott was replaced by Gary Tomlin as Executive Producer at "Days of our Lives." However, according to a statement released by Sony Pictures Television, producers of "Y&R," to Soap Opera Digest, everything indicates that all is honky-dory in Genoa City.

Josh Griffith is "still here and still the executive producer," said a "Y&R" representative.

Griffith was named Executive Producer and Head Writer of "The Young and the Restless" in November 2007 after going fi-core status during the WGA Writer's Strike. He replaced Lynn Marie Latham, who also pulled double duty as Executive Producer and Head Writer. Latham was fired along with her husband Bernard Lechowick, who served as a Creative Consultant, and writers Marina Alburger and Lynsey Dufour in February 2008.

The producer is best known for his work on ABC's "One Life to Live," where he served as co-head writer along-side Michael Malone in the early 1990's. The duo won the Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series Emmy for "One Life" in 1994. Griffith got his start in television as a Breakdown Writer/Script Writer for NBC's "Santa Barbara" in 1988.

"The Young and the Restless" airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Anytime on CBS.com. Check local listings.

• Members

At this point I agree. Khalil doesn't have it, I don't think. Another recast would not be a bad idea.

One idea is to have a distraught leave town because of Chloe, and then return a darker, more aggressive character.

• Members

thats exactly what is needed for what fans want.

it seems most fans want to see a lily like her mother, for that to happen a stronger actress is needed yes - but so is a major reason for the char to change who she is. because im sorry - lily is nothing like her mother, she wasnt rasied liek dru, she was raised in paris and is a pretty pretty princess.

• Members

And this is supposed to make me laugh and make me realise it's true? Because it's not. This is, like, the fifth time I say my posts are never malicious and nasty and against someone. Yes, I may be overly direct and blunt, but that does not equal maliciousness and spitefulness.

• Members

I don't care, people can get them in whatever way they like, I explained myself more than I should have. So if people have read that, they would know what you say is not true. And it's quite mean and... Just appalling.

• Members

It all goes back to the ambiguity of message board communication, it's so easy to misconceive anything someone says in text.

For example, when Daytimefan said he/she was enjoying B&B at the moment, a few days back, you replied, "Of course, it's your crappy writer!" How is the average poster supposed to interpret that? Will the average person who reads that think that you aren't rude and picking on someone's individual taste?

You shouldn't have to explain yourself any further, people will believe what they want.

• Members

And I think it was way too rude of me to say that. DaytimeFan handed it graciously, as he/she always does. I like DaytimeFan a lot - a person, in my opinion, an epitome of grace and sophistication - and DaytimeFan knows it. However, his or her love - totally weird and puzzling to me - is something that touches all the wrong buttons.

I don't even want to go into Kay Alden love/hate area... My blood pressure rises every time I remind myself she'll be with B&B for quite some time.

But believe me - I am appalled that people think of me as some people-devouring, anthropophagous, three-headed dragon that spits fire on everything he encounters on his way. That's just mind-boggling.

Archived