Y&R Josh Griffith fired!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of COURSE Josh is out. They just don't want to announce it until they have a replacement, for fear of seeming "unprofessional".

I just wish they realized we're all clued in to their "unprofessionalisn" eons ago. No need to try and hide it at this point. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

If I've come across as mean recently, I want to apologize to the entire SON network. I know sometimes things in prints don't come across the way we originally intended it. So I really want to apologize to everyone reading if I've overstepped my bounds recently. That's not cool and I'm truly regretful if I've rubbed anyone the wrong way.

• Members

I personally haven't ever taken offense to anything you've posted. I want you to be my baby daddy, LoL.

On the internet, using CAPITAL letters is considered "shouting." That's why I use italics alot when I want to stress a word rather than using caps lock. ;)

• Members

Thanks, Kenny. I knew about the capital letters/shouting thing, but unfortunately, I grew up in the years pre-Internet, so sometimes I just type all caps to emphasize without realizing the rules have changed. I'll try and keep and eye out for that in the future. :D

• Administrator

I haven't noticed anything. :unsure:

I didn't take your "OF COURSE" as being mean either. :unsure:

I sometimes use CAPS as emphasis and I don't consider it shouting.

ie: "What the HELL was that?" to "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" <---- obviously that one is shouting.

LMAO! :lol:

• Members

Ugh, seriously, all this makes me think of is the Tao quote "Those who know, do not speak. Those who speak, do not know." There's become such a rush to be the "one site" that breaks news, its all become a big game of telephone with "inside sources" that usually don't know the whole story, or even a quarter of it.

• Members

Brimike, to me you come across as positively sweet. Sometimes you do a teasing thing...but I think teasing is good when it is not mean spirited. I think Sylph is a daily joy for me here, who delights in being contrarian and strongly opinioned. I like that you spar with him, but I never personally read it as mean.

I want to fess up to frequently using ALL CAPS myself. Some of that comes from usenet, where the 'emphasis' options are limited. Some of it comes from laziness: I can just hit the caps lock, as opposed to highlighting and then doing something (ctrl-I, or the i button, or hard coding the i). I'd like to hope that we are a tolerant enough bunch here to tolerate a range of post-emphasis styles?

Archived