Y&R Josh Griffith fired!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really wish that Shaughnessy will be the choice.

Although I wouldn't mind hearing that someone of Wendy Riche's caliber was coming on board...

Paul Rauch excites me for some odd reason- although he is truly HIT or MISS.

I think what Y&R needs are excellent writers/plotters and everything else will fall into place.

I may be an idiot but I really miss the Abbott family. I could care less about the disfunctional Baldwin clan. I have never "gotten" them at all. Christian is a great actor but I am kind of over the entire family.

I would start by ditching the entire Baldwin clan, Ted Shackleford...

I would bring back Nina- Nina with some huge secret that could rock Genoa City.. Don't ask me what..... and then Drucilla...

I would bring back Sheila Carter and Sheila Carter's long lost GOOD twin.

This show needs some suspense.

• Members

That is interesting to know. I always thought that CK looked more Arabian than black and could never figure out why they wanted us to believe that Dru and Neil or Malcolm could have popped that kid. I really wish they would start casting believable looking people in roles.

• Members

I, too, think we should acknowledge what Griffith/bell did on 12/26 and beyond. They took a show that had been hacked by LML (who also left no bible, no advance copy). And they steered the ship back somewhat on course. Imagine the next producer who takes over from Ellen Wheeler, trying to right the ship?? Griffith wanted to be EP, yes, and Sony, probably courted him to it as a way to get him to go ficore and write the show during the strike. He was in over his head, but he's not entirely responsible. Bell's work since early April was seriously uninspired and viewers were tuning out.

Brad Bell will be the next EP...my guesss...that's why Alden/Smith have been brought into BB. Brad will step back from his baby to nurture his dad's.

• Members

I cannot deny I have been wondering about that move. With Y&R's ex-leaders at B&B, I could imagine the thought was "B&B is in good hands...let's fix the other family product".

The problem is, all signs point to COLLOSSAL mismanagement at B&B, even with these people there. In that sense, I would have great fear.

But if the Canadian columnist is to be believed, Barbara Bloom has been doing the EP-courting (approaching JHC at the Emmys). In that case, the next EP would be someone Bloom wants. That gives legs to the "Rauch" hypothesis.

• Members

Rauch is not a friend of Bloom's, he wasn't working for ABC at the time she was there and he was gone from GL by the time Bloom came to CBS.

Plus, Rauch is almost 80's and primarily based in New York, all tings considered, I don't see him EP-ing Y&R. Though I do think he's better qualified for the job than Griffith.

• Members

I actually found that Griffith got better during these last few weeks--I thought he did a decent job. A few months back I would be very happy had he been fired, but now I am just worried: Who is going to be next? Scott, Shaughnessy? Great. But, if not....?

Archived