Billy Bob to 'Elm Street'?

JackPeyton

• Members

Billy Bob Thorton as Freddy Krueger in New 'Nightmare on Elm Street'

by Laura Gosselin | August 13th, 2008

mlms08.jpg

Billy Bob Thorton is the new melted face of Freddy Krueger. (Focus Image)

Billy Bob Thorton has been cast as the diabolically scary kiddie killer Freddy Krueger, who aside from Jaws, might have been the scariest movie villain of all time.

Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street scared the crap out of teenagers across America when a serial killer who appeared only in the dreams of the characters, brutally slashed them to death in reality.

The original Freddy, Robert Englund, says Billy Bob is an "excellent choice" and, "A big budget should mean the film will look a lot better than some of the old movies."

http://beat.bodoglife.com/entertainment/bi...reet-45868.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree.

Texas chainsaw Massacure was far better than the original.

As was Prom Night, Ammittyville Horror, When A Stranger Calls...

i actually think most horror remakes are better.. as long as its dont right and not a cheesy rip off.

I am really excited for this remake. I hope everything is right and its a very dark scary realistic horror film. And id love BBT in the role.

• Members

Tell me how it is, because the only way I'll see it is on CBS at 7pm on free tv.

Remakes are useless to me. I hated the AH remake, WASC was truly stupid IMO, and PN flopped at the B.O.

And let's not forget the classic remakes Poseidon, The Omen, and Rob Zombie's Halloween......three turds for the price of one. :)

• Members

Not that I'm being partial because I worked on the movie but...My Bloody Valentine 3-D remake is way better than the original. I agree though that horror remakes are better if they're rated R. PG-13 makes it so tame and lame.

• Members

No. No. No. NO. NO. NO!!!!

The original Nightmare STILL holds up. I still can't watch his arms stretch out in the alleyway without feeling something really disturbing-in-a-primal way. Depp's death scene is fantastic, and Tina's body NAILING her boyfriend into the wall as it gets spun around is sickening.

I can't deal with this. I really can't. New Freddy will be crazy CGI and Thornton hamming it up like Freddy from the sequels, when Freddy from the first movie said very little throughout the movie.

BAD, BAD, BAD IDEA.

And I don't know how anyone can say the new Chainsaw is ANYTHING even CLOSE to the horror of the original. The new one is just a rehash of the same crap Hollywood's thrown at us since Scream changed the definition of the genre.

Seriously, I want to cry. Michael Bay raped my childhood with Transformers, and Billy Bob Thornton is going to skull-$#^% it.

*bangs head against wall*

ETA: I just heard they're also remaking Candyman. Except Tony Todd's character will now be WHITE. No, I'm not kidding.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol: IN any other circumstance, I would *TOTALLY* take you up on that and debate with you all night. But things in the Days threads are currently taking precedent. I'll happily agree to disagree with you about current horror movies, if you'll join me in a resounding "WHAT THE F#^K?!?!?!?!?!!" regarding the current state of certain shows.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

First, LoL @ the white Candyman. I read that tonight on BloodyDisgusting.com and nearly shat myself with laughter. Fools, I tells ya... FOOLS!

Meanwhile, Billy Bob as Freddy would just be a disaster of epic proportions. I've read about this several places now, and the feedback hasn't been positive anywhere. He'd have to tap into a real miracle in order to pull this one off.

Sigh...

This is almost as upsetting as that ridiculous garbage written by Hans Rodionoff that they tried to pass off as a "Lost Boys" sequel. The bastards!

• Members

^^^Umm isn't the whole point of candyman about a black man being with a white woman when that was looked down upon??? Thats just sounds bad having a white candyman unless somehow he is a descendent of candy man and he is actually bi-racial but whatever. :rolleyes: I still never understood till this day why candyman, cujo, freddy, etc, were scary to people maybe I'm just immune to being scared or something, I just laugh at scary movies especially freddy because he's hilarious. :lol:

Archived