AMC: Vincent Irizarry

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. This is a SURE sign David has Dixie locked away somewhere. Maybe she fell into a massive coma and he's been working to get her out of it. He'll be hated by everyone for sure but this makes the most sense. I know Babe is David's daughter and I love the character of David, but why are they suddenly bringing him back again? Just to stir up trouble every so often? Doubtful ...

• Members

just to stir up trouble every so often? David was far more than that on AMC (except the last few years). David's original adversary was Jake, and Jake is back. He could be in that story.

Greenlee has lost all her family... David was her brother in law, and they were very close. Plus Aidan Devane was David's ex nephew in law, and they never got along. He could be on that part of the canvas.

The hospital is getting built up again as a major part of Pine Valley. David could be on that part of the canvas.

Babe seems to be getting darker... letting her inner Hayward out. Perfect time to bond with Daddy (finally). He could be on that part of the canvas.

If they want a character back who could fit ANYWHERE, and has so many possible stories... it's David. Being a prop for a Dixie return is NOT the only way to bring him back (and it seems it would be the shallowest way to bring him back... having kept her in his secret love shack for over a year, after whisking her away? how viable does that leave him as a character? Nah... lets' skip that!)

and to answer that question, why bring him back all of a sudden.. easy answer. The actor was free... his stint at Y/R was over. Aiden Turner said at a fan event AMC had asked him back earlier, but as he was with Y/R he said no. So I imagine they realized their mistake in letting him go in 06 pretty quickly.

• Members

Brooke does have deeper roots, in the show's history, and I'd also love her back, but I think David has more current storyline potential and provides a type of conflict needed on the show. David is a complex character with a lot of potential and ties to every corner of the canvas.

But I also think they should bring Brooke back. Boy does Adam need her. Brooke and Adam is my fav AMC pairing.

Regarding bringing Dixie back from the dead... I echo what a few others have said.. leave David OUT of the Dixie story, puh-lease! But if that is what they are doing, I hope they don't do a repeat of the Maria story. David is a complex villain, and to bring him in doing something totally dreadful paints the character into a corner from the start (that is, if he snatched her away by faking her death and kept her hidden and 'kidnapped')

Unless they handled it differently... someone other than Cambias after Dixie, she was being protected (but he'd never tell Tad), or he whisked her away (even with another PVite's help, maybe a surprising one) until the Satin Slayer was caught... but after that she was comatose and until she was well and insisting she go home, did he bring her, etc. I do see there are a number of ways to keep him "grey" and still have Dixie come back. I'm just worried if they use him purely as a plot tool to bring her back, it will destroy his character, so what's the point in having yet another botched return?

Archived