AMC: Vincent Irizarry

• Members

Thank god VI is back where belongs, other characters that I won't name should of be tossed instead of him. An NO way to dixie/david, and if they wanted dixie back why didn't they just bring her back with the last stint? I'm hoping somehow that baby jenny is really adam's and david is coming back to blew everyone's lives sky high. I wish Finola/anna would come back to amc she is the only woman other than erica that is good with david if it isn't in the cards for erica/david of course. Carmen might be an option since spoilers keep insisting carmen is suppose to hook up with someone else, he would be the only age appropriate for carmen unless its tad or adam(lmao).

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto to this. Back when we were all wondering "is she, or isn't she, dixie?" folks were accepting her as a Dixie recast! That in itself is amazing and a tribute to this actress's talents. She has awesome chem with VI, and I wish they'd followed up on that. They did spoiler a Di/Dixie/Tad/David quad but the show changed direction (that year, it changed direction about every twenty minutes). A shame. I think Di was the wiser of the sisters... having been thru the mill. David would 'get' that.. her pain, yet there was still enough of what he valued in Dixie in her to hook him. I would have loved that story to have ended with Tad/Dixie and David/Di. Think of Di wanting Tad back, and David wanting Dixie, and both of them plotting a way to do this... and falling for each other in the process.

AMC, the land of missed opportunities... oh well.

At any rate, IA that Kelli Giddish was awesome with everyone she interacted with. I still can't get over how fantastically she held her own with the big boys: David Canary, Michael Knight, and Vincent Irizarry. Heckuva presence that girl has... so of course, they fired her. :: bangs head against wall ::

• Members

I totally bought Di as the Dixie recast, too. Kelli Giddish was a great talent who was completely wasted.

I really like Cheap's idea of Lanie and/or Di being involved in Dixie's "death". It makes sense for her sisters to take care of her while she's in a coma.

• Members

If David is to be involved in a Dixie Lives storyline, it would be an awesome twist to have Di in cahoots with him. Di working in New York is the perfect cover.

I miss my Di :( I also loved Di and Dixie's interaction, especially when Dixie was sn4eaking around Pine Valley. Di called Dixie out on her crap and Kelli Giddish and Cady had amazing chemistry.

• Members

We are talking about the same show right? The show that had a disease from a root, the same show where a core character buried a man alive and tortured him to his death? The show that had its leading ladies learning how to pole dance? Two impossible resurrections in the same year seems like light fare to me LOL.

• Members

I'd say Jesse's "resurrection" was more implausible than Dixie's, because we do have a precident for "fake dead from Satin Slayer poison" with Babe.

I remember Jesse as a ghost, spying on David, helping Tad, etc. Plus ghost Jesse taking Gillian (when will she be back? I know she's missing her heart, but what the heck, LOL) to heaven.

Although I think it might not be the time to bring Dixie back... but I"m open to anything with a plausible enough story (and for me, 'plausible' does not only mean relatively reasonably explaining the 'death', but more than that.. .having the characters be in character, and their actions make sense).

I really like the Di as she who stowed Dixie away, workign with Palmer and Lanie. I want the courtlandt's built up again, and I really liked the Dixie-family that was being built up. Even Del. I want to see those family units back.

• Members

Exactly. If Jesse is really alive then Tad HAS to be dead. And Jesse came back several times and at least once he was around for several MONTHS (at least 4 months maybe more). I'm still bitter about the pancakes so nothing would make me happier as an AMC fan to have Dixie back. I would rather David not be involved either (I would prefer Palmer or Ian, her boyfriend in Europe). It wouldn't surprise me if David came back with Cady McClain playing a different character (Dixie look alike) but it would be disappointing if she didn't turn out to be Dixie in the end.

Archived