AMC: Vincent Irizarry

• Members

except he has no relationship with Babe. That paternity reveal was forced and went absolutely nowhere once its purpose was served (Baby switch). He has history with Erica, but she's moved on and already has a new man. Id rather she get back with Adam after Woods. The Chandlers have their own stuff going on and I dont see how David could factor into them right now. The only purpose a David return would do would be to facilitate a Dixie return but doing so would also mean throwing him under the bus yet again and that character was what helped finally destroy David in the end

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If/when he returns I don't want AMC to touch David and Erica with a 50 foot pole. They got a half way decent ending, lets leave it that way.

I think the character is doomed if they put him anywhere near Dixie when he returns, but I'm not watching so I guess I don't much care.

• Members

I'm all for David coming back. Great reason to have return Dixie to the world of the living. :D

Here's my scenario:

David comes back to PV and tah daah he's saved Dixie from the vile poison pancakes but it took her a looooong time to recover from the deep coma (hence the visions others had of her) and all things EvilDavid did are forgiven.

Then they have him meet up with Taylor/BE (medical crisis, consulting...even jogging in the park heh heh).....and voila...instant competition for RickyJake!! Think about it...if they are going for a GL trifecta...here's their big chance. ;)

Seriously...David DOES have SO much history with most of PV...I'd love to have him back...along with Brooke and Dixie.

Of course I don't want to see a DavidDixie relationship redux...too many other women out there for him. Dixie & Tad need to reunite...I mean there's Kathy for crying out loud...and of course this would give Krystal an out to go back to Adam- if she hasn't already.

• Members

This came from my site (TadNDixie.com), was moved to abc.com by teniluv (another poster on my site) and taken from abc.com to SOC by another poster that I don't know.

One of the posters on my site (Eleah) is in school and visits the AMC studios with her friends when they're off from school to get autographs/photos.

Eleah posted last Thursday that her friend saw VI and got a photo with him and that her friend said he was in the call sheets. I've asked others who do have the call sheets and he is NOT on them.

Eleah posted the photo of her friend and VI on my board, so he was definitely there. Her friend said that he told her that he was "working", whatever that means. If he is in talks, that makes the most sense. JMHO.

Here's my reaction to it. I don't want David back... never could stand him. But I'm not watching so I don't really care. It's not going to make me tune in, but I'd be happy for those that want David back. He could help Greenlee, I suppose, or get KWAK away from Tad by revealing that Jenny is really Charlotte (if they rewrite it). If this involves Dixie... ugh. I want Dixie back, but why with David? HATED THAT STORYLINE. Dixie needs to be somewhere held by Josh, who "owes" Tad for the Madden mess.

• Members

I'd LOVE to have David back. And as much as I love Dixie, I didn't really prefer David in her realm.

Bring on David and let him get in the mix with Krystal and Adam....or Jake/Taylor...didn't he used to rag on Jake all the time too? Or have him back in Greenlee's orbit - that was always a good relationship bc of Leo.

• Members

IF David Hayward comes back (and I really don't care to have him back), I'd most like to see him as an antagonist to Jake/Taylor story. David/Tad is played out, David/Adam is played out, David/Erica is played out, David/Krystal is played out. He does have a fair amount of connections to use, so that's good, because he'd have a good amount of people impacted by his return.

David does have history with Jake. David was introduced as an ex of Allie Doyle, a 90s love interest for Jake (then played by Michael Lowry), and the David/Allie/Jake triangle extended to include and impact Liza and Adam during David's first stint. Allie was written out by making her crazy.

I would be interested to see Irizarry opposite Ehlers and Goldin, though, so if he does have to come back, I'll only be INTERESTED to watch him in that story.

• Members

Aren't all of the same PTB still in place from when he was fired? I don't understand why there would "talks" taking place after him leaving Y&R.

IA with some previous posters that said there was never a really big uprising to get VI back like there was for JB or CM. Makes me wonder if they did try to get JB back and she refused.

Maybe Pratt liked him??

• Members

IA... David has ties to almost everyone, and is a great "pot stirrer" Problem is, they wrote him awfully his last year or so on the show... I would hate to see him return as a cardboard villain (as when he left). He came on as one, but over a few years he was given a great backstory and a lot of layers.

I love the idea of Greenlee/David, and have for a while. It would have to be redeveloped, though.. they were very close due to Leo, and bonded even more after Leo's death (which would have been the time to develop a romance). But they are awesome together... it might save Greenlee, too, bringing David back (whether they go romance, or just to the old former bro-in-law relationship).

What I'd HATE is David being brought back just as a tool to bring Dixie back... what, he drugged her, faked her death, kept her locked in his love shack for over a year... then brings her back? That's just sick... David's a villain (at times stepping over into the anti-hero spot) but he's not THAT sick. Ewww.

Archived