AMC: Vincent Irizarry

• Members

Yeah, don't get me wrong I am thrilled to have VI back, but if given the choice between the two I would pick JB. She could also stir things up with J&E better than Carmen/Samuel!

I know its probably highly unlikely to ever get her back, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I wonder what was the biggest deciding factor in her being reduced to recurring and eventually resigning. Was it her big pay check or just that Frons isn't a fan of her work?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sure it's a soap and Jesse came back and was seen as a ghost and all that jazz, but Dixie's last stint as a GHOST kind of reaffirmed that she's as dead as it gets.

Thank you! B) I love your whole post, but especially this. Bringing him back just facilitate a Dixie return is laziness and stupid. Let Palmer have hidden her away or something more plausible

It doesn't make him viable, it just means that once again he was Tad and Dixie(especially Dixie) roadkill.....

• Members

I agree with all of this. You brought up lots of ways as to how David could return, and those are all much better than having him hiding Dixie away somewhere (as much as I want her back).

LOL, true. Her last stint was a little more than your ordinary ghost visit. If AMC or Pratt brought her back, they would have to totally ignore all that stuff in order for it to make sense.

• Members

I like the idea of Palmer taking Dixie away to preserve her life! I LOVE that idea! He'd do just that, too, and keep her from Tad. I love Palmer, and wish he had more to do.

I think it was more McTavish just didn't want to write for her. Frons did probably order the writers to focus on youth and create supercouples (oy) but if Brooke was being used, she'd probably still be around. I'd really love to see her come back as well. I'm a Brooke/Adam fan from way back when they were first together. I'd actually not mind a Brooke/David fling, either. It would drive both Adam and Tad nuts. LOL.

• Members

The same way Mike Roy came back after dying onscreen and Jesse, too, and let's not forget Erica's aborted fetus turning up as Josh (as much as I wish I could block it out). Heck, Dixie's ghost stint only had her interacting with characters she had previously met; Gillian met Jesse in heaven even though she had never even heard of him and yet he still came back alive!

I'd also love to have Brooke back but I think as long as Frons is in charge it won't happen. Julia Barr is a woman of a certain age and imo Frons doesn't like them on his shows.

David stashing Dixie is different than when he did it with Maria because "this time it's personal!" Also, he clearly would have had an accomplice in PV since he was out of town at the time. Palmer seems like an obvious choice; however, I would love for it to be Adam. His motive was to protect JR's feelings since he couldn't bear to watch his son wait for her to come out of the coma for years.

• Members
This is a soap and they've expected us to believe far more unbelievable stuff.This is the same show that killed Jesse off onscreen and brought him back. Same show that resurrected an abortion. That right there is worse than Dixie back from the dead. I think people need to just prepare themselves bc its most likely going to be happening

After Anna left, David really hasnt served much of a purpose. I liked him during the Cambias trial but after that story ended, it was the beginning of the end for him and he floated around, not quite fitting any where and came across forced in what they did attempt to do with him. The character ran his course years ago. There are a ton, Id rather see return before David.

• Members

'This time it's personal' still comes across as "this time it's personal to the crazy obsessive psycho doc". How can one keep a character viable after that? UNLESS there was another reason for doing it, other than David just wanted her.

(David had let go of his Dixie obession when Cady left in 02, even though he still cared about her. The show had closed the book on D/Dx. Then McT reopened it, ignoring the past resolution and resetting David back to the sort of nutty obsessive he was in the LZ days. )

BUT- if there was another reason for him taking her away... saving her life, not kidnapping her just to keep her for his own... and especially if he was working with someone else who cared about her... that's a whole nuther ball game. David is a grey character, and he's never a hero (though he can be heroic) and he's never a total blackhat (though he can go very dark). This would be more 'grey'.

I also would love it if his partner in crime was Dr. Joe. That would be a surprise.. by a doc calling in the only doc who could save her... maybe they faked her death just as they faked Babe's, but Dixie was not coming out of it due to heart problems... so Dr. Joe calls in David.. and since Dixie is likely to die for real due to complications... they decide not to tell Tad. Joe for Tad's feelings so he doesn't lose her twice... and David because, well... he knows he'll save her and this give him a victory over Tad, in his mind. :)

But Palmer or Adam works as well (I'll take Palmer in any story, and this would be SOOOO Palmer.. maybe Palmer, Joe, and David.. Joe would be such a surprise, and this gives Joe some story too).

• Members

and what if David was working with one of Dixie's sisters. Id kill for a Lanie or Di return. I can see Lanie doing it as she was involved when David helped Dixie leave town back in 2002. Her reasoning for letting everyone think Dixie was dead could be bc she wanted to spare them pain, in case she never woke up from her coma. David has been working on her case for the past year and a half and Lanie's been visiting and being there for Dixie. I can actually see that working.

• Members

I loved Di... another newbie who made a strong start and then was misused on AMC (if they are girls, they have to work at Fusion! Girls are allowed to make Lipstick and Pole Dance. It's what viewers want to see. :: nausia :: )

Di was an awesome character... and she was great with David. She had that haunted past thing going on too. And Lanie? Memories there, I remember her intro story... yeah, any of these would be great (and I want the courtlandt side of the canvas built up again dammit! :))

I'm getting so into all the ways a David-involved-in-Dixie's-return COULD work, I'm almost forgetting... I don't want him involved in that return! But I love exploring possibilities... I just am not sure I trust the show enough, since almost all the other returns have been mishandled and i'm rather expecting the worst.

• Members

The character of Di was such a missed opportunity and talk about losing a great young actress in Kelli Giddish. I loved her with Vincent early on in her run and was praying for them to get together romantically. Kelli held her own with all the vets and she worked with them all. She was fantastic.

Archived