B&B Casting Shocker: Core Cast Member Might Leave?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

KKL and Susan Flannery? That would be a huge blow to B&B. They are the show's premier Supercouple. No offense to John McCook, but neither he nor Ronn Moss can carry this soap alone. And anyway -- B&B has always been about its alpha females! Its Stephanies and Carolines and Brookes and Sheilas and Taylors and Macys.

IMO, only Lesli Kay and Eileen Davidson have what it takes to step up and become a premier lead on the show (I'm still not totally sold on Heather Tom 24/7 although I liked her Katie when she was no-nonsense, witty and self-deprecating). Jennifer Gareis is great as the Marilyn Monroe-esque Donna but that is a supporting actress role, not a lead. Hunter Tylo could be again, but right now she's probably having a well-deserved break.

• Members

They need to establish Lesli Kay RIGHT NOW. Felicia needs to get married and have at least two more children over the next few years so that the show can slowly start to shift towards Felicia as a matriarch. This should have started three years ago, but now it is absolutely imperative that the show starts to move in this direction. There is no one else on the show who can fill that role and I have a feeling it's to late to bring anyone else on and establish them in time. SF seems to have one foot out the door as we speak and if KKL follows her this show is in deep trouble.

• Members

I honestly don't think KKL would be stupid enough to leave B&B...she could maybe have some sort of contract that allows her to work part time, sort of like what Tony Geary has at GH, and have her time off tied to when Ronn Moss goes off to promote his music or something...hey, Ridge and Brooke are big time fashion designers, so it wouldn't be hard to explain their time away...trips to New York, Paris, London and Milan for Fashion Week...meetings with international buyers and clients...things like that.

B&B really needs to get Felicia front and center though, establish her as the new matriarch...they missed a real opportunity for Storm/Felicia (something I'm sure a lot of people would agree on), but why not bring back Deacon for her or a never before mentioned ex husband turn up, and build some stories around this character that don't have her trying to split Eric and Donna up and get her parents back together. Felicia and Donna's rivalry could mirror Brooke and Stephanie... it could last for a good few years and tie into lots of storylines. B&B should snap up Rick Hearst if he leaves GH and bring that character back and do something with him and Felicia...ANYTHING! Just make Lesli Kay more prominent and give her a love interest that viewers can root for; maybe even bring Donna into the equation!

• Members

I don't think she's leaving anytime soon.

B&B pays her far too well and you don't get a better working schedule anywhere. A full week off each month, often just 4 days working, 2 or 3 week breaks in summer and winter...

And her spa company is rather sth. she came up with so that her hubby is busy. LOL

• Members

I completely agree. I used to think that B&B would be fine without Susan Flannery as Stephanie, but it is floundering without her steadying presence. Brad has got to stop playing around with those Logan sisters and focus on making Lesli Kay as the new matriarch of this show. She is the only current actress other than Eileen Davidson who can fill the role. Felicia has to marry and have more children. Owen could be her consort like Eric was Stephanie's consort.

Archived