B&B Casting Shocker: Core Cast Member Might Leave?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it could be deeper than that. I don't know why but I have an inkling they've planned something explosive for the Owen character that isn't the kind of storyline we're used to getting on B&B these days. Either a long standing vendetta against the Forresters or a family tie to them. It's certainly not as simple as him being interested in Donna.

• Members

I think they are really invested in making the Owen character work. Out of all the newbies they've had on in the last few years (and by newbies I don't mean recasts/SORASed Forrester kids), only really Jack Wagner and, through him, Lesley Anne Down, have really lasted. The Marones didn't work, neither did the Ramirez', or Shane or Harry or any of the other characters we've had in the last few years, so it seems the Logans are now the second family of B&B...but it does seem they want Owen to stick around for the long haul.

• Members

If B&B were smart they would start pitting Ashley against Felicia - ina way that works. They dont have to be mortal enemies, but they can not likee achother - and be forced to work together. Make Felicia take on the Stephanie role. Put Ashley in the rootable heroine role. They dont need to have that brooke/steph relationship, but i could so see LK & ED playing off eachother and keeping that going, in a new direction. ya know what i mean?

B&B has the talent. They just dont use it.

• Members

I long for the day when Brooke is no longer on my screen.

I see the need for Felicia to become the new dominate female character. I think Lesli Kay can handle it. Eileen has a good look on B&B so Ashley needs to be established as some sort of dominate presence as well. What if she took over Spectra? She could certainly afford(I think) and that would give her the chance to play a sultry, campy Ashley. Bridget can take over for the new generation Logans. I honestly don't see Heather Tom on B&B for the long haul but I think Gareis is. So Donna can stay in the antagonist role. And Owen can be like Brad from Y&R: A sexy schemer out only for himself. I think Beemer could be really great in this role.

B&B has the pieces to make the puzzle come together. They just need the focus and direction.

• Members

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a recast. Every other Logan has been recast. Would it be difficult to find the right actress? Probably. But I could see the show writing Brooke off to Europe for a few months and then come back with a new actress playing the part. The show has chosen to recast her a few times before during maternity leaves when they could have easily written Brooke out of town.

I personally would not want KKL to leave. With the right actress taking over though, it could breathe some new life into Brooke.

• Members

Does she, though? Last time she was on Y&R, the character of Ashley was being routinely trashed on the threads here (and elsewhere) -- and on the show. Here, there were constant calls of "sperm pig" and screams of protest if Ashley was even seen to be talking to TGVN. On the show, Ash was pitted against Gloria and always coming out the loser.

When she arrived on B&B, though, Ashley was a breath of fresh air. She was funny, dynamic, independent, romantic, glamourous and had chemistry with everybody on the show and a block of wood (or as he's more commonly known, Ronn Moss). We haven't seen her in a while and I have really been missing her.

• Members

I don't think KKL is going anywhere, but I have no idea what TPTB plan to do with Brooke now that Donna is the Logan vixen hated by the Forresters. KKL is too young (and too hot) to play JUST a mother to Rick and Bridget. The Ridge romance is played out and she has been married to all men on the show except Owen.

My idea: Have Ridge remarry Taylor, bring a RECAST Thomas and have Ridge run Forrester with a bitter Brooke. Bring a talented child actor to portray a spoiled R.J., whom Brooke uses to be a part of Ridge's life.

Archived