B&B Casting Shocker: Core Cast Member Might Leave?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Aug 5 2008, 03:28 PM)
If they wrote Brooke the way she was written during the writers strike, she could be viable again. They also need to search for a strong new love interest as she transitions to her matriarch role.

What happened in the Strike?

• Members

During the strike Brooke wasn't focused on a man, she was focused on her children Rick and Bridget. She was almost like a Mini Stephanie with all her meddling. When Brooke would tell Bridget to pursue Nick, then tell him he could never have her if he slept with Bridget, she was called on her [!@#$%^&*]. With Bell Brooke is written like some sort of saint with her shortcoming overlooked, but during the strike everybody called her out. I loved it. It was more balanced than the Brooke/Ridge lovefest we tend to get. I also liked that they were edging towards reuniting Ashley and Ridge.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Aug 5 2008, 04:34 PM)
During the strike Brooke wasn't focused on a man, she was focused on her children Rick and Bridget. She was almost like a Mini Stephanie with all her meddling. When Brooke would tell Bridget to pursue Nick, then tell him he could never have her if he slept with Bridget, she was called on her [!@#$%^&*]. With Bell Brooke is written like some sort of saint with her shortcoming overlooked, but during the strike everybody called her out. I loved it. It was more balanced than the Brooke/Ridge lovefest we tend to get. I also liked that they were edging towards reuniting Ashley and Ridge.

Okay, I forgot that. Yes, she definitely interfered with Rick. My dominant memory from then, though, is poor Taylor collapsing in a spotlit puddle in the courtroom.

I miss strong, stable Taylor. That's the only Taylor I want to see. I don't want to see her drive story...I want her as the show's moral center.

I suspect that will never be.

• Members

Being Australian and given that this is an Australian magazine I wouldn't believe a word that it prints.

It runs in competition with another mag here and every couple of weeks it's lead story is on Brad and Angelina breaking up or that Brad and Jennifer are seeing each other and getting back together, or something about Tomcat.

Archived