July 27, 200818 yr Member There's other speculation at other places now that Ken has chosen Higley over Scott to keep her, and theY&R connection is that Ed Scott could return to Y&R. I don't think it happened THAT fast, although, we don't know what went on this week. So much for a quiet Sunday afternoon getting ready for a new school year......................... Personally, with the comment about the renewal negotiations still going on, if this is true, I think it could signal the death knell for Days...a specific time they'll pull the plug.
July 27, 200818 yr Member Sylph, the post policeman, is back! No, seriously - I absolutely totally completely agree with you re: Jack Smith. He would absolutely leave anybody for the right price. And he's not a good fit for DOOL. But who is a good fit? Frankly? Nobody. And you are exactly right. I spent a few minutes thinking about the possibility of a DOOL dream team. But nothing, no one, no remedy will be able to jugulate, to arrest the course of this terrible disease that has gotten hold of the soap. One of the main problem is the total lack of young talent - many of the people who wrote for DOOL as subwriters either suck or are as old as hell (age is not the problem, really, they'd suck as HWs). No one invested in the younger generation and now the price to pay for that is too high. Imagine a writer like Lorraine Broderick or Claire Labine coming to DOOL. In a perfect world, Ken Corday, the network and all other higher-ups would let these people write the show the way they would like. But, would that mean higher ratings, a renaissance? Most certainly not. And - most importantly, do Lorraine and Claire and the rest still have it? Or would they be judged like Carlivati (too much traditional 80s cr*p)? So, pull the plug. Edited July 27, 200818 yr by Sylph
July 27, 200818 yr Member There's other speculation at other places now that Ken has chosen Higley over Scott to keep her, and theY&R connection is that Ed Scott could return to Y&R. I don't think it happened THAT fast, although, we don't know what went on this week. So much for a quiet Sunday afternoon getting ready for a new school year......................... Personally, with the comment about the renewal negotiations still going on, if this is true, I think it could signal the death knell for Days...a specific time they'll pull the plug. Let's say the outcome is that Days gets 12 more months, no exceptions. Honestly, at that point, I might actually invite Reilly back...with some controls on him. The show could be written into a good, classic ending. Of course, if Ed Scott comes "home"....I cannot adequately tell you how much joy I will feel. If this is a Scott-HW conflict, it is amazing how he repeats that pattern from show to show. It makes one wonder...if this is true...why he is so fractious.
July 27, 200818 yr Member And you are exactly right. I spent a few minutes thinking about the possibility of a DOOL dream team. I did too, as I was in the middle of responding to your post, Sylph. In fact, I got all excited, thinking I could truly put together a dream team, someone to take this epically disastrous mess of a canvas and bring it back to something ALL fans, from ALL the different camps, would be happy with. And it's impossible. And that's what depressed me most of all. I spent a good twenty minutes going through my mental list, imagining different combinations, trying to picture how you could unite the desperate fanbases on all ends and produce a great drama again. And you can't. You just can't. And the more someone tries, the worse it gets. Make it stop. If this is a Scott-HW conflict, it is amazing how he repeats that pattern from show to show. It makes one wonder...if this is true...why he is so fractious. There's nothing "amazing" about it. (Sorry, Mark. It's really not you. I'm cranky.)
July 27, 200818 yr Author Member Nelson says this: This DAYS story is going to break your hearts. It's a sad, sad, world in daytime. There's NO hope.
July 27, 200818 yr Member Nelson says this: That's it. If Corday has forced Scott out, I think DAYS fans should revolt, storm the studios and strip control away from that dumbass. MUTINY. Of course, if it's successful, perhaps we should do the same to Ellen Wheeler. Hmmm...
July 27, 200818 yr Member Somebody please give us more info! Ryan, Toups, Errol, rain1(if you still post here)? Come on people I really wanna know!
July 27, 200818 yr Member Nelson says this: WHERE is he saying this? At another message board? I think I know where...will check. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....as a Y&R fan, I'm feeling VERY good about what I'm feeling :-).
July 27, 200818 yr Member ^Nelson posts a lot over at The Envelope forums... Okay, now I have my source. Tx! (I'm a sourcing freak). I see he also adds at DR "Spread the news before Corday f*cks it all up!" and "MAJOR, MAJOR NEWS IN MONDAY'S NELSON RATINGS. This story just got nastier! And it involves Y&R. Just wait..."...(which have appeared in this thread, but which I'm just putting her so people know where it came from). Edited July 27, 200818 yr by MarkH
July 27, 200818 yr Member Wow. It really must be something SHOCKING...... now I can't wait to see... Me too! If Ed Scott is leaving, I pray to god that he comes back to Y&R. I really feel for DAYS fans though, they've been put through so much over the past few years.
July 27, 200818 yr Member Me too! If Ed Scott is leaving, I pray to god that he comes back to Y&R. I really feel for DAYS fans though, they've been put through so much over the past few years. Yeah, DAYS really can't catch a break. But Eddie, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease come to Y&R!
July 27, 200818 yr Member Whatever happens, I perceive something BIG is happening/will happen/has happened. And I have a bad feeling about this, especially concerning Y&R. I seriously hope I'm wrong, because good things are starting to happen on screen (concerning Y&R) Edited July 27, 200818 yr by UK LAW
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.