Higley Quit DAYS?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YES!!!!!

But please, no Jack Smith or Josh Griffith. DAYS fans would hate Smith's slow pace and if they reviled Hogan, they'll hate Smith even more. Griffith, just no, he's all wrong.

I don't see Smith leaving B&B, especially after his BFF Kay Alden is now HW.

I say hire a writer who is an actual fan of DAYS or someone who hasn't written for soaps before, but is a fan of DAYS.

• Members

Wow, what a huge surprise. I don't want the DOOL fans to get Griffith as a writer, but anything that could get him out of Y&R would be great.

DOOL now needs to find a good writer to help if it's still possible.

• Members

Yeah, I doubt Smith or Girffith are under consideration. First off, Sony let Latham fire Smith from Y&R, and I'm sure he (like most of the old Bell writers) does not want to work there again. Plus, Smith isn't going to leave his BFFs Alden and Bell at B&B.

Griffith? That man is tainted in my eyes and I do not want him in another position that isn't as a scriptwriter.

• Members

Well the ratings are in the tiolet for DAYS right now and it needs a boost. I think Josh Griffith would be a good choice because he is a better head writer then an executive producer. This makes it all easy because Sony likes Griffith, it is Bloom who he spars with. Higley IMO is a terrible hack and she has not brought any better ratings. Something scares me in that Esensten and Brown are available and they worked for DAYS as script writers that they could go to DAYS. I knew Corday loved Higley but she was not bringing in the numbers they needed. I just hope she does not get anywhere near Llanview again. Her three years at OLTL were toxic to the core. You could tell in her blogs that Dena was not happy at the show.

• Members

1. I find it odd that NB seems to be happy about it since he has praised almost everything she has done at days but..

2. i understand because im the same way. i loved what dena had goin on at days. she mixed it up and tied things out. it was awesome. but at the samer time i doubt she could had kept me happy for long and i do know most fans were not so happy.

now... i wonder whoa gonna take over? maybe her new co-HW? i do see JG & JS were listed, id be down for either to be honest. i just dont want podpeople like when HS was running things. and besides, we all know no matter who they get they will be working for Ken Corday... so there is no real hope.

• Members

“If you read her NBC blogs, the writing has been on the wall for a while; she’s been unhappy with the media criticism of her work,” says one insider.

Wow, such incredibly thin skin, lol. Perhaps, Ms. Higley should take a few lessons from Megan McTavish? Fans and critics have been lambasting her work for years, and she doesn't seem to mind. ;)

As usual, I'm taking this news with the proverbial grain o' salt. This could turn out to be completely bogus. (No offense, Errol, Ryan or Toups!) Worse, KC might convince her to stay, or Ed Scott might be convinced to leave. If she is gone, then I'm forever in Ed Scott's debt. But I'm not raising my hopes one bit, lol.

Archived