Higley Quit DAYS?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can someone point me to Dena's crying about the soap press on her blog? I need to savor this. Later, hack!

Regardless, no one can succeed there at that show with Corday around.

Also, I don't understand how Ed Scott would be interacting with Higley.

• Members

goes to show you who the real problem here is...and that's KC. dena is part of it too for writing the scripts. but kens ideas and s/'ls is what were invested in. hogan sheffer is a prime example of that..without any of KC's influence over him..he's doing a pretty good job on YR..it's actually entertaining right now.

• Members

Maybe it would depend on how much blame he laid on Latham and how much he laid on SONY. If the thinks Latham sold SONY on it, maybe he might not blame them as much to totally shun SONY completely. And having Ed Scott's support might convince him, too. Since Scott convinced other former Y&R staff members to come over to DAYS (like Marnie Saitta and the former Y&R directors), maybe he can convince Smith that things will be different at DAYS.

Of course, even assuming that Smith could be persuaded to get past any anti-SONY feelings from his Y&R ouster, could he be convinced to be HW at DAYS knowing it meant having Corday calling the shots?

Good point, especially considering the Corday factor at DAYS. While the lure of being HW again might be an incentive for Smith to make the switch, why would he leave a job where the HW and co-HW are people he's worked comfortably with for years to go to a new one where the EP has so much influence on what he'd write?

The odd thing is that he, like Maria Arena Bell, seemed to be doing well when they started out as interim writers during the strike, but things took a downturn once he became the official EP once the strike was over.

• Members

I thought I had read somewhere - it might have been the recent TV Guide CA interview with Scott - that SONY had convinced Scott to come over as co-EP at DAYS. So if that's true, they'd probably fight to hold onto him. But even so, Corday probably has the final say. If it came down to a choice between Scott and Higley, which way would Corday choose? Scott brings a lot to the table - his rep producing at the reigning #1 show in daytime, all the Y&R staffers he brought over behind the scenes - but Corday seems to be enamored of Higley, so it could go either way.

• Members

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: there are some producers who shouldn't write...and there are some writers who shouldn't produce. At the very least, JG should've remained as Co-HW w/ MAB, and allow someone else to step in as showrunner.

• Members

You know Corday, if you want your BFF to stay put without sacrificing quality, you could always just demote her to associate HW. I don't think I would mind that after all she HAS been with the show for many years. She's just not a very good front-running storyteller. Not her fault per se. Some writers have different specialties...

• Members

Yeah, but Scott brought production people over, those old Bell writers went to B&B for the most part. I know Alden hated Scott, and since Smith is BFF's with her, I don't see him leaving her at B&B to work with Scott exclusively again. Not to mention the Corday factor. I swear Douglas Marland could rise from the dead and HW DAYS, and he would be branded a hack due to the management issues plaguing that show.

Yes, and those Bell writers are exclusively Y&R/B&B trained. Most of them have only ever worked on those shows, and DAYS has not done things the "Bell way" since the mid-70's. Bell vision is almost the total antithesis of what DAYS fans expect for the show. I think the fanbase would rip Smith apart. If they hated Hogan Sheffer, Smith stands almost no chance. DAYS is a show that has been known for its romances, and Smith doesn't do romance very well, IMO. If anything, he's needed back at Y&R, it's foolish for Sony to try to pass him off on their other soap.

I hope this means he's fired. He's not a producer and should've never been given the EP role since he lacks all the credentials to be one. Let's hope they can get David Shaughnessy back to Y&R.

Archived