July 28, 200818 yr Member Why is releasing this scoop suddenly so dangerous? Toups and Ryan are both implying they won't touch it, and Nelson is claiming at another site (DR) that the release could get him fired. What possible news would get someone fired? The first quote below implies some misinformation may have been handed to him, that he shared too fast. (My guess is that this is the Dena-quit part). [i know most of you know this, but there are folks interested in the news who have no idea how to find the info] Sunday 5:50 pm > U guys are all wrong; no one will guess this! Alas, I can't legally> do anything until tomorrow. I would NEVER have guessed yesterday that this > news story would go in this direction. My sources left out A LOT of > facts originally, and to be fair I misunderstood what they were trying > to imply because of a certain scandal last year. If you love irony, > tomorrow you'll be drenched in it, but depressed. I want to put you all > out of your misery, but I can't. And tomorrow, please don't shoot the > messenger. It gets ugly... and I don't think Days will ever recover. > Yes, it sounds like I'm teasing, but I'm not.... I really didn't know > what I was getting myself involved with which has never happened before > in my career. This makes Martha Byrne's departure seem like a love > affair between her and ATWT! News story of the year, yes, but no one > wants to deliver this kind of news. But I have to now. The news will be > posted on an updated SUDS not Nelson Ratings because it doesn't belong > there. I will however link to Suds in NR, and will delete the entire > Suds entry I posted yesterday and revise it. Everyone just go about your > lives today, because speculating isn't going to do anyone any good. Sunday 5:52 pm > And no, Days isn't canceled. Sunday 5:56 pm > No, noon-ish tomorrow. Sunday 5:57 pm > TRUST ME, NO ONE WILL GUESS THIS. Sunday 5:59 pm > NOON eastern time, I have to wait until then (hint). Sunday 7:49 pm > Someone did slightly come close to it... but as we say in the gay> world: so close, yet so far away; k' enough, I may be fired tomorrow God > knows (!), and I need to watch [big Brother]!
July 28, 200818 yr Member Why is releasing this scoop suddenly so dangerous? Toups and Ryan are both implying they won't touch it, and Nelson is claiming at another site (DR) that the release could get him fired. What possible news would get someone fired? The first quote below implies some misinformation may have been handed to him, that he shared too fast. (My guess is that this is the Dena-quit part). [i know most of you know this, but there are folks interested in the news who have no idea how to find the info] Because no one wants to be responsible for this. To quote Deeedee: [Katherine Chancellor] Dear God In Heaven [/Katherine Chancellor] Edited July 28, 200818 yr by Ryan
July 28, 200818 yr Member Because a lot of people will be affected by this when it breaks. And no one wants to be responsible for that. To quote Deeedee: [Katherine Chancellor] Dear God In Heaven [/Katherine Chancellor] You're good! Budding soap writer! This is now more interesting to me than what happens to Sabrina on Y&R.
July 28, 200818 yr Member If Days could just harness the perpetual backstage drama, and put it onscreen where it belongs, they'd rule daytime lol.
July 28, 200818 yr Member If Days could just harness the perpetual backstage drama, and put it onscreen where it belongs, they'd rule daytime lol. I keep saying there should be a soap about all the BS that comes from running a soap.
July 28, 200818 yr Author Member I can't believe I'm defending Higley, but um, Ed Scott stick to producing, because you can't craft storylines for [!@#$%^&*]. This whole thing really disgusting and unethical. Edited July 28, 200818 yr by Y&RWorldTurner
July 28, 200818 yr Author Member I don't care who Ed Scott is and how much I USED to respect him. What he did was very underhanded, crass, and unethical. He deserves everything that's coming to him. The same goes for Josh Griffith at Y&R, likewise those actors who were rewriting stuff. I know Dena is a bad writer, but for months we've been blaming her for stuff that wasn't her own doing. It's nice to see at least some stuff being cleared up here. In the end, its us fans and the show we love that's suffering and that's shameful. Edited July 28, 200818 yr by Y&RWorldTurner
July 28, 200818 yr Member I told you Ed was dangerous. You didn't listen. lol, I never wanted Ed. I never wanted Hogan. I actually did want Dena, and still do, especially if she's not the one responsible for the past few months' garbage.
July 28, 200818 yr Member so Ed Scott has pretty much taken over HW dutied and is encourging the cast to write as well? As well as changing stuff around for more than themselves? And hes let encourged someone to the point of thinking they are co-HW with him? Okay. He has to be fired. Days will turn into gh... and leads me to.. Another west coast soap opera is dealing with the same issue, but proof is an issue Well, hello GH! NLG would be my guess. also, LMAO at the WGA having to go from trying to prove she scabbed to having to defend her.
July 28, 200818 yr Member What if it's just sour grapes on Higley's part? I mean, I believe the source is "close to Higley". I want more information before calling for a lynch mob for Ed Scott.
July 28, 200818 yr Member I can't believe I'm defending Higley, but um, Ed Scott stick to producing, because you can't craft storylines for [!@#$%^&*]. This whole thing really disgusting and unethical. And you shouldn't defend her. She did a fare share of heinous crimes against writing & writers, she should be rightfully punished.
July 28, 200818 yr Author Member I told you Ed was dangerous. You didn't listen. Josh Griffith was doing the same thing to Maria at Y&R, hence why Scott wants him at DAYS and Nelson's touted Y&R connection. Both Scott and Griffith deserve to NEVER work in this business again.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.